BioSurgery TBM position

Discussion in 'Baxter' started by Anonymous, Aug 30, 2014 at 3:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any info on the Biosurgery TBM position? what's the division like? stable? How are the products (Floseal) to sell? Decent market place or impossible sell? Is it a good opportunity or a mightmare? What the comp plan look like? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in a different division, but I have always heard good things about the Biosurg products. I know there have been some changes (as there has been to our whole organization), but there is a new AVP there.

From my perspective, Biosurg is way better than Anesthesia so of the OR sales teams, you are WAY better off selling in BioSurgery.

Best of luck... Contrary to other posts on here, Baxter is a good company. Stay here, find your groove, and if you want to sell something else, there are tons of different sales positions (IV, Pharmacy, Renal, Acute Renal, Anesthesia, Infusion Pumps, Nutrition, National Accounts)-- so in my mind it is worth it to get in the door.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like any company, 2 things will have the greatest impact on you. Your manager and are you on the contract in your facilities. If you are not on contract, this can be a very difficult sell. Despite what Baxter says, there are many "me too" products that are ok even if not as good as Tiss/Flo. If you are on contract, easy sell. Everyone runs into bleeding sometime regardless of how good they are. Just a fact.

My biggest problem has been many managers in a short span. All were good but I'm guessing they are getting hit hard from the higher ups to make the number. Not see easy to do in my area where we have few contracts. I like the company over all but it is run like a pharma and this job is worked like pharma.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both posters are right, OP.

just like with anything there are pro/cons, but follow your gut. you'll be good here if you are looking for a reason to go for the position

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is OP?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ron Howard pioneered the character in the ground breaking tv series, Mayberry RFD....

I believe the poster is referring to the orginal poster or OP.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a DUMB ASS!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not a dumb ass you are!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are pathetic piece of dung.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

previous posts are spot on. this job can be very rewarding or flat out horrible depending on territory. get specifics on open territory and go from there.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're all decent products, but you're looking at part of the company that is going to be divested.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems more likely Biosci gets sold than BBS - especially if they're investigating moving biosci R&D to Boston, closer to Novartis, LH's old stomping grounds. Would be a perfect fit and lots of the execs and shareholders make out financially. Also, Bob P kept the Bax name, why do that and sell off a significant piece? Makes more sense that, SL, under Bob P, would try to build up what had been questionably managed by pharma execs, and develop a competitive "hospital products IDN & selling strategy" and maybe even add an intelligent acquisition.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will sell BBS to raise money for better aligned acquisitions. Such as more commodity based crap.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BBS must be moved to Boston, then DC (Big Red) would be able to go into an office and do metrics and analytics. Can't go into hoppitals, he's been banned from all the hospitals in Beantown.