No Enthusiasm for Otezla

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't hear much energy for Otezla on the street, is anybody excited at all about this drug?

I launched a few drugs before and it was great for a year or two, this was seems like it is struggling to get off the ground

just curious

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's plenty of enthusiasm. Otezla has a higher market share in it's indication than Stelara, Simponi, Cimzia, and Remicade. Of course Enbrel and Humira have most of the share still.

The positives: Docs are pleased with the safety profile. The 104 week data show no new safety signals and confirms the pristine side effect/safety profile. Efficacy is slower than the biologics and doesn't equal their top end, but docs are surprised with the efficacy they have seen, especially in skin.

The negatives: Managed Care access is horrible. Celgene has proven unable to win any important reviews. The reality is a double step edit behind the big boys for the foreseeable future. Distribution is a total cluster fuck. Granted, we have to track 3rd hand through vendors, but from what we can tell for every 10 Otezla scripts written, 7 are lost due to inefficient distribution.

We project Q3 sales of $15.9million

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My docs have enthusiasm. It it crushed once they hear their patient is an Accredo patient.

99% of my Accredo starts on OSP have yet to be filled.

Of course the NAM says they will be triaged to another SP until it's work out, but that is not happening.

Thankfully, I am getting enough through with Amber, Optum, Senderra and Diplomat but damn, I will be number one in the territory when they fill all my Accredos.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee, $16mil ought to pay for a salesforce of over 200 in derm and rheum!! Can you say "overstaffed"?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Higher market share than Stelara, et all? You are delusional....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true in our region.. Less than 20% of scripts being filled, the others denied. Yet, our "leaders" have the balls to question the integrity of our approach, while offering no solutions of their own.. So typical..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck!