ACELL

Discussion in 'Wound Healing' started by Anonymous, Sep 2, 2011 at 2:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any information on ACELL? Pay, prodcuts, culture? I know that the company is going from 1099 to direct reps.

Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company has great products, pay for performance!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so what exactly are the details of the ACell opportunity? Big expansion taking place right now. Is it viable? Is the company solid; ie.. management, comp structure, IP, etc.. Is the product/s clinically superior?

It seems extremely interesting but I'm not familiar with the space. Thanks!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been with them for almost a year and I will try to limit my bias just to provide info for those interested.

The product regenerates site specific tissue. When the sheet (which is usually used in conjunction with the faster resorbing powder version of the same product) is placed on a "wound" site, the bioactive components (within the basement membrane of the bigs bladder) recruit stem cells, more specifically, progenitor cells, specific to the injury site. The product has been shown to be capable of regenerating several types of tissue without scarring that include, but are not limited to; dermis/epidermis/bone/tendon/muscle/fascia.

The problem (a good problem to have for this early startup) is that there are so many potential applications so you really have to be smart about where you are spending your time. The sheets are offered in a variety of thicknesses. There is a single layer (designed for more superficial wounds) and a 2, 3, and 6 layer option. It is not uncommon for reps to have a breast recon case, wounds with exposed bone/tendon, hernia cases, huge open abdomen wounds, as well as diabetic wounds all in the same day or week. The powder version of the product (same makeup as sheets) is very flexible as well.

Im not a medical sales nerd that is going to bash any other companies. That said, the technology and results I have seen have been extremely impressive. With one technology (with varying thicknesses) we compete with a lot of large companies including Dermagraft, Integra, Strattice, Alloderm, ect. Each has their own set of challenges and loyal users, but each time (no BS here) a doctor has tried Acell he has been very impressed. The best part of selling ACell is that there is a use for it across so many specialties.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The safety issue is there unless you know your patients sensitivity to porcine molecules. It can be troublesome if you miss that and have an anaphylactic reaction that blows up on you.....not good.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The porcine allergy 65-kDa protein ia an extremely rare allergy. It may be beneficial to suggest to have doc test for the protein before using the product. An allergist can do it on a Friday and have results by Monday. Again extremely rare, porcine products are used in medical procedures every single day from an assortment of companies. Relationships make any product easier to sell. Good luck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is everyone starting to leave or talk like it? Growth????

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Acell is very poorly managed. The managers are ex Biomet reps who have no management experience and the mentality of cut-throat dirty dealing. They do not put any money into clinical research and are just trying to create enough noise to get acquired. They are not serious about building a company.They hire reps with a 6 month guarantee and go straight commission. I know several people who have worked for them in various areas of the county and have been out in 6 months.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above post is spot on about the company. They oversell the position to potential candidates, and within 3-6 months they new hire realizes the position is what not was told during interview process. The company is absent of any credible sales management. The turnover is outrageous.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is a joke. Half the sales force is on the verge of leaving because upper level mamagement has not a clue in hell what they are doing. The director of sales shouldn't be in charge of an ant farm much less leading a group of salespeople. The only way this company succeeds is to start over with new leadership. If you really want to succeed at this company, carry a Louis Vuitton bag and do "NOTHING"

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anything changed in management in the last few months? As unbiased as you can be. What is the the average time reps are staying...what is the top rep making and what is the bottom rep making? Are they on all Hospital contracts. Just doing some research before I agree to interview...thanks for any and all info you can give me!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any updates on MatriStem.

I got a call from a recruiter that Acell reps are starting to kill it. Top reps are 275+

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YEah RIGHT. Come work here for awhile. Upper management is skating by from being tight asses and throwing crap at the wall and will take whatever sticks. You should see how many law suits there are now. Former executives and sales reps. This place is a total DISASTER and DRAMA filled organization.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's cut to the chase. Good product, terrible managment. They way they are running this company is a shame. They have ongoing issues with production, inaccurate commision calculations, and they don't pay their reps. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. Only 8 Reps out of 90 scheduled to make over $115K for 2012. Those are #'s directly from the corporate office, not mine. AND no car allowance, no cell phone reimbursment. Maybe that's why the turnover is so high? Some of the most seasoned/knowledgable Reps in the biologic market have come on board b/c of big company promises and then run for the hills 6-9 months after being hired. These are the facts. What a shame.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a former Rep in the midwest. ACell has a decent product, however the company is headed in the wrong direction which is why I left. ACell will over promise and under deliver. I'm not angry or bitter, just wouldn't want someone else to have the same experience.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the previous 3 posts. Been here 7 months, can't wait to get out. There is a laundry list of things that they never tell you about until after you are hired. My favorite is if a hospital doesnt pay their bill, the reps has to chase them for collections... and if you cant collect within 90 days, they take back the commission. You are part time sales rep, part time collections agent, and then get your commision taken back b/c you have diliquent hospitals. Clearly thats the Reps fault, right? What a joke

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the above posts have a lot of accuracy to them. The sales management is in total disarray. T. Riley runs with anything he thinks is going to make a $. There seems to be no vision or focus. There is more off label info out there that can't be used. And when a doc asks for data on anything you're screwed.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company only wants to be sold. And that is only that managers and above care about.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great company to work for. Technology way a head of competition.
    Base pay of $75K +14% comm. At plan, i was making $185K/yeat. Full benefits, expenses, etc etc.
    Could use more studies, but relatively new technology needs time for data/research articles to be published. If you can get on with ACell, stay on. I made the mistake of leaving and wish I never had. Word on the street is top reps are making $350k+
    Management was fine. Everything to be expected from a smaller surgical device company.
    My experience was exceptional at ACell.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try T, Anyone with half a brain can see the above post is as bogus as the solitary glowing review for ACell on Glassdoor.......