GSP

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Oct 28, 2014 at 11:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Blaze is gone. Surgical Supplies falls under CB. How long until the GSP team gets let go and their products go to the AST bag? 7 Months or 1 Year and 7 months?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to Steve? Poor performance, not meeting the number or merger preparation to make sure the book is clean?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How was Blaze as a leader? He didn't seem to be able to turn the boat around for GSP.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put all his eggs in the Trocar basket. He to upgrade the product, lower the price to compete with Applied and show a profit.....didn't work

Not sorry to see him go. He talked a big game of being "Mr team player" and concern for the masses but was just a blow hard at the end of the day. JK and the other henchmen in GSP leadership need to go as well.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blaze gone? Golden parachute?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blaze was a great guy. He had a tough job to bring the trocars around. The product was way overpriced and they were losing lots of trocar business the Applied. Since he has taken over I don't think covidien have lost another committed account to applied which keeps their bags and clips out of those accounts. Problem is if the account is already using applied it's hard to win back that business because Covidien can't show a savings. So now everyone is going after Ethicons share of business.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm surprised you guys are even talking about this subject. Apparently you must not read your email, look at the Pulse, go through the public filings, call into the meetings to discuss this, or attend any of the town halls. I guess your customers are keeping you more busy than mine.

1. The new org structure was announced last week which promoted both Blaze and Chris, basically with these guys splitting Covidien into two parts.
    2. While my individual territory may not have performed as well as I'd like, we all see the numbers and the overall GSP business has stabilized. Our core products are being improved, there are several new products launched or in the process of being launched this year. Were you here in 2008? At least now there's a clear direction.
    3. I heard Chris make it clear he will preserve the identity formed in GSP while trying to find ways to unlock the larger portfolio with key customers or procedures. I don't know why he wouldn't. Maybe the AST guys might even learn a thing or two about a team culture.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a bunch of corporate BS in advance of a merger that will see significant changes (and dismissals) in both leadership and rank & file. Buckle your seat belts folks.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for clarifying. And you really believe that?? You forgot to mention that if Chris' mouth is moving he's lying. With BH parachuting to safety, CB and SB will be short timers.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is an acquisition not a merger. So, stop lying to yourself.

It is just a matter of time before all COV leaderships will be wiped out.

The question is, are you prepared?

As for trocar, COV is 3rd in the market now and continue to decline. Not sure to why we are investing in it. We don't know how to manage mature business period. He was advised but didn't want to listen.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good points!!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More reorg. Blaze is long gone.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So is Blaze gone or promoted? Seems to be confusion.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good question. The fanboy in post #7 says promotion but others say canned.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Technically, since he will leave our business to run a much larger businesss,he is both "gone" from GSP and also "promoted".

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the best of my knowledge Covidien is #2 in trocar business after winning the largest hospitals in New York.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go back and check the latest IMS before making an informed statement.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this information verifiable?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No need to verify. It's on the internet isn't it:)

It doesn't matter, the current structure of this and other Covidien business units will change significantly in the months following the takeover.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MDT is a much higher margin business. More align to AST. It doesn't make sense to keep GSP for long.