Damn, I miss Solvay.

Discussion in 'Solvay' started by Anonymous, Sep 17, 2011 at 7:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That about sums it up.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was good times at old Solvay...so sad.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a former Solvay rep who left in 2007 when NeuroScience division was dissolved, I now really appreciate the time spend at Solvay, especially the years between 1997 and 2004. Management did not micro-manage, each territory was treated as the rep's own business, and District, Regional, and National meetings were a blast. We worked and played hard at those meetings, and management genuinely seemed to appriciate our efforts, and went out of their way to make the meetings beneficial to both our and the company's success. Can't say that for the last few years, as things changed drastically. The 1997-2004 time period also emphasized camaraderie among district members. Most of us really liked each other and enjoyed getting together at meetings! We actually seemed to share successes that could benefit us all, unlike my last few years where management all too often became the field rep's enemy, often engaging in "gotcha" activities. Positive memories too many to list. Anyone remember the festive party at the Polo Club in Palm Desert, California? Overall, Damn, I miss Solvay!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Solvay was the only company I have ever worked for where I really felt like a member of the "family". I felt like people looked out for each other, not like other pharma companies I've worked for where colleagues are out to get each other. There are far too many positives to list.....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't worked a full day since rolling over to Abbott and I plan to continue the early happy hour. I enjoyed actually working for Solvay but I have no investment in Abbott at all.....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't get how people who post this kind of garbage think we actually believe it. Abbott makes us work twice as hard as Solvay due to all the micro-managing activities and busy work (like Lern modules, etc.) I don't know what region you are in but if you were former Solvay you have to be in metabolic or GI so how are you finding it so easy to coast?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously didn't work for the ego maniac Neuro DM in LA. If he wasn't kidding the ass of the skinny chick in South OC or playing childish crap with his Denver rep, he was making every other rep hate him and Ahmed Lahrdiri the Reg Mgr. I am still laughing that he is now just another lowly rep and is working for the former RM he made rude comments about when he got transferred. The years 2004-2007 were hell.....

9. don't you mean "kissing" the ass of the skinny chick?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't realize how great Solvay was - until it is gone! Many things I miss about Solvay!
    The good ole days!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn, isn't Solvay dead and buried already??

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone remember the national sales meeting in Puerto Rico? With David Dodd!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hands down the best NSM ever! That one re-wrote the employees handbook!
    Dodd should could throw a party!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I loved Solvay 2000-2007. I only left because I did not want to work for Abbott. Miss the Solvay Crew! Still in the industry, just not happy.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DITTO!! I still stay in touch with a lot of my old crew but I just don't have fun like I used to. Not sure if it's the company I work for or the industry in general, but it just ain't fn anymore!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone remember Orlando NSM? The Hulk. My teammate puked, how about the SF rep splitting his pants in Vegas? Peps were fun. Always fun! Miss all of them. Still in touch with many on LinkedIn and FB. Wish Solvay would get back in the game.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Studio54 in Vegas! The Riverwalk in San Antonio! Animals and fun.
    Anyone remember the guy on CF named DRUNK? What an a$$. HA ha

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I miss the comical moments at Solvay..like the drunk girl who grabbed D. Dodd's buttcheeks at the dinner party on the night before we wrapped up Phase II training. She was immediately let go and I (and several other people) had to hear her drunk ass crying on the plane home...LOL!

She was like "They don't know I have a drinking problem, I'm not like this when I'm sober"

If you ever saw the Bruce Willis /Kim Basinger flick "Blind Date" from the mid 80's, you'll know the type of girl I'm talking about!!! Tooo damn funny!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shit, I just got laid off from a NY bio company closing the door. Boy do I miss Solvay.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a great time period of a good company, made great by the people assembled. If your lucky, you'll have an experience like that but it usually rolls around only once. Savor the time, you were lucky.