Dying careers

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by Anonymous, May 27, 2015 at 12:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BI is a place for 3 types of reps, those who are waiting for their career to die (close to retirement), washed up reps who can't advance else where, or the cheap washed up contract rep. With the announcement of cost savings and therapeutic focus if you haven't noticed those reps with big bases (70k+, which is low anyway to industry standards here at BI) will be weeded out with the new contract sales reps in training once they roll them over. There are people that will work for much less to do this mindless job its called contract reps. If you have half a brain you will read the writing on the wall. best of luck.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I satisfy none of your criteria and I am a rep here. Try again.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Original post is BS.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Ashfield CSO could replace 2/3rds of the Salesforce.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You neglected to note if this were "possible" or "probable".

Hint: everyone is replaceable, doesn't matter if they replace with ashfield, ventiv, etc., so that makes this 100% "possible". Is it "probable" that 2/3rd will be replaced? No. You get what you pay for with Ash: 50K reps who bail at the first sign of a better offer. This half-baked idea was attempted in 2010 and ended horribly. Now Paul promised Germany they would get a different result. rrriiiiigggghhhhtttt.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just terminated. It is true. Systematically targeting sales force to replace with Ashville Contractors. PIP plan based on competencies alone, purely subjective with no recourse. Did not matter if numbers were good.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another disgruntled rep who wants to point fingers elseware because of his own incompetence. Hit the bricks!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long were you on PIP before you were released? Wishing you all the best in finding a better place to be.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is bull shit! Just leave if your this unhappy. For the time being, this is still a free country. If you feel "overly burdened", or depressed, go somewhere else.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all know (except for those really superduper reps saving the world) that this is an extremely easy job...the company knows pretty well what we do on day to day basis ...this info has only recently reached the truly high corporate levels (reps, DMs , Regional , VPs all are vested in keeping up the 'we're working hard' story and nobody at that level wants to screw it up)..this is Entry Level position for 90% of reps out there...sure if you're selling an $80K cancer drug you'll be fine..selling a pill to make you poop, sleep, have sex , stop snoring or sniffling is not a high tech selling job...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On PIP plan 60 days. Did everything possible to stay on board. Never had a problem until new Manager listened to Regional who was targeting other Reps also. Never complained about job and had good numbers, top half of Region never hitting bottom third. Not a nice Company work for in the end...it depends on if your Manager likes you and fights for you. Will go somewhere where my work is appreciated. Never took this job for granted. No one says it was perfect and I agree, once you are trained, it was an easy job.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

60 DAYS PIP MEANS NOTHING...GET OUT NOW....FIND A JOB AND TAKE 2 PAYCHECKS. THEN QUIT BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO CAN YOU. THOSE DIRTY RAT BAS****S!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know there are some territories in my region that have too many reps for the number of targets and I keep waiting to see if someone is going to get trimmed and when, but so far nothing. Not a comfortable company right now. I hope you find a place where you are valued.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You my friend are type number 4, the douchebag rep.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was let go from BI last year, and it was a relief after all was said and done. I was not an under-performing rep. either. I fell just short of President's club twice, and received a quarterly bonus check for my efforts after my departure. Anyone who feels secure at BI, keep drinking the Kool-Aid. I am expecting an ignorant Kool-Aid drinker to make some derogatory comment to this post. Don't kid yourself... your day will come, and when it does just remember I TOLD YOU SO.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, they are systematically downsizing. If you dont hv a manager fighting for you. You are out no matter whst your IC rank is. If you we're terminated on competency alone...speak out now!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, that doesn't apply as well. try again.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I enjoy the derogatory comments made by the ignorant rep(s) that either have their head up their ass, or buried in the sand. The ship is sinking at BI for company reps., and the atmosphere continues to go from bad to worse. Every time someone posts a negative comment about the bullshit environment at BI, some ignorant moron, that will eventually find themselves unemployed has to post some smartass comment suggesting that the other rep is a poor rep or "not worthy" to be a BI employee. How the hell do you know? You don't know anything about the person that wrote the post... you just make assumptions. BI is not a blessing, it is a curse. Don't suggest that if I am not happy... leave. I already did. I am thankful for the money I made at BI, for the professionals / Drs. that I met and continue to be friends with. But BI is not what it use to be... I am VERY thankful to be gone!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good riddance, we don't need your shitty attitude.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you r numbers are good you cant be place on a PIP, idiot