Managers

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jun 25, 2015 at 10:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There used to be managers who spent time in the field and knew the reps job as well as the reps. Now they hire people who know nothing of calling on docs and less about managing people

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree, I was looking to post on the New Orleans manager blog and it was removed.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was looking for it as well. It was about that manager from Forest who taped a rep during a call and put it on you tube. Never got his name but how would you like having that for a manager

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So when did he fire your worthless ass at Forest? Here is a tip, let the anger go and move on with your life. Continuing to live trying to get even with him is only going to destroy you. He is doing just fine without you.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bigger problem is AZ does NOT develop their people. Bringing in managers or specialty reps from other companies is a sign of failure by not developing people. You take an AZ rep who let's say has ten years of experience and loyalty with this company and is passed over for promotion by bringing in an outsider....how motivating is that? It's just not right and signals AZ failures. Senior management in this company has failed on so many levels. This is just one example of their failure.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ hires ass kissers like TOM for managers. Enough said. It also doesn't care that he runs his mouth to anyone who will listen to his lonely ass.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen asswipe I do not know Greg F nor did I ever work at Forest but I do know any manager who tapes a rep during a call and puts it on you tube has ABSOLUTELY no place on a management team God help those reps exposed to this asshole. Who hired him

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STFU

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At Zeneca (and prior) people took a job in the field and generally became managers for a time before being put into higher roles managing people in the field. When field sales grew too quickly due to the SOV model this was dropped. Why AZ has not gone back to this, or appears to hire more from the outside is curious. Perhaps the thinking is you bring more cultural diversity to the table, but as often as not you inherit someone else's disaster. People who wore the shoes of rep and manager often made good in higher positions and had walked the walk. There is so little respect for field sales nowadays.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a real shame that the district manager's job and to some extent the Regional sales managers job is not considered valuable by this company. It is considered a "pass through" job. You get your field "ticket stamped" and move on to some home office position. Now we have people that manage sales people that have no idea about the sales process. We have RSM's that manage DM's who may not even be from the USA but from England. They have little knowledge of sales and the local market. At one time both Astra and Zeneca built great sales forces? Why? Their field managers came from the field!!! They knew how to sell and and had respect because they did the job of a PSS. In those days it was perfectly acceptable and even encouraged to have a career as a DM or RSD. Not anymore. Think about the PSS who has a new DM every 18 months or so. It becomes extremely difficult for them to move up on the career ladder as they never have a manager who can support them in promotion. By the time the new DM learns their job...they are gone so they never can develop PSS's into better sales people. YES senior leadership field sales can be a viable career and should be encouraged. You want a great sales team...respect and develop the position.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very well said and right on target. Overall sales people are not respected anymore.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In America (and prior) there used to be justice. We were the World's biggest creditor, we honored people who proclaimed that men (and of course women too) should be jugged by the content of their character.

Times have changed dude. America is in serious decline, POTUS ran on that platform and he is pulling it off. Hilary presided over the murder of our Ambassador to Syria (they put a knife up his as*) and still she's potentially a candidate.

The press is managed -- CP is managed. This post will likely get blocked or removed.

Heil!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on and well said! AMEN!!!! Someone who understands the current state of affairs.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't believe this person taped a rep during a presentation to a doc and posted it on youtube. Nobody would be that stupid. Let's see a link if it's true.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an ex Forest rep and Greg DID indeed tape a rep during a call and posted it on you tube. It was a few years ago and obviously Forest had it removed.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am still with Forest and noticed Greg F name on AZ forum. So this is where this asshole ended up. Yes he did tape a rep and put it on you tube. And correctly Forest removed it to save the rep's reputation.I think it is why Forest let him go. What a hire for AZ

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey asswipe, still working. Learn about Greg F before commenting

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He will not last AZ if he does not conform and stop these types of acts

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes but he fired you before he left. Let it go Twit.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations Chad! You have now had 2 top notch ESS reps leave your team in the last month. As the saying goes, people don't leave the company they leave the manager- keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!