Moral

Discussion in 'Salix' started by Anonymous, Jun 25, 2015 at 10:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moral is very bad right now. Valeant is chipping away at pay. Some didn't get the 2.5% raise, they took out SSN even though everyone maxed out, no raises for almost everyone who were promoted. No cell phone stipend, paying more for benefits, company cars taken away from Directors. Shitty stock grant. Shitty support. Can't get samples. No one in charge. No one can make a decision. A bunch of fucking ass clowns running this clown car. It's a complete shit show. I thought the Valeant vets were being dramatic. They were not. It really is that bad. Not to mention no payer pre-work before Ibs launch. 75% of X550 written in past was for IBS. This is such a shit show. I'm out. I'm actively looking. $65k in bonus is a fucking joke. Unattainable.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I warned you numb nuts but you didn't listen

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im with you. Hanging around for 90 days to see what if any Xifaxan movement we get. If its slow....no reason to put up with this.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It only gets WORSE!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crazy to think it can get worse, but it will. It was easier for an office to get IBS approved before we got the approval.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not "moral" it's "morale." Learn to spell.

As far as "morale" goes, most of us are just fine. Yeah there are changes that suck like losing the cell phone reimbursement and $200 per deim for meals but those were luxuries few, if any in the industry offer. Paying SSI again blows but it should offset the taxes owed next April which will help. Our pay is still well near the top and the bonus, if attainable, could be great. The stock purchase plan gives you a 75% return the day you buy your first share. Yeah you have to vest but it's a pretty nice plan. Unless you're one of those idiots who can't set aside 10% because you blow all your money on tight designer suits and $1000 shoes (you know who you are douchebag).

Personally I don't care if the check comes from Salix, Valeant or Mr. Magoo. If it cashes, I'll take it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey douchebag every company pays for cell phones...the stock purchase plan is fine but you have to wait a long time for it to vest. Our stock grant was so bad they mind as well keep it. Lots of people will be leaving because as bad as the culture was at Salix at least the pay/benefits were good. Here we have worst benefits/pay (those goals for X550 are crazy) and the same culture. As with many changes the good reps- or ones that can- will leave, while the less talented reps will stay.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that companies provide a reimbursement for cell phones, however very few give what we got at Salix. That was my point. Valeant plans to give us Blackberry handsets. Big deal. I will never use mine but thanks to the Salix stock payout I just got I don't have to give a flying fuck. If you are caught up in the nickel and dime bullshit, you will remain pissed off and disabused. Thats a bad place to be. We get paid well. Period. Don't believe me? Look around. Talk with some recruiters. There are a few companies that come close but most are paying mid $70's to push boring "me-too" products. If you can find a better paying gig or culture go for it. We should ALL move on the moment we feel unhappy here. Right now, I don't see much out there that looks better. The glass is half full for me until proven otherwise.

Just sayin.......

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was just offered a part-time job at my local pub helping to market their happy hour since I spend every M-F 12pm-5pm there already since the Valeant acquisition. This has me feeling a little more optimistic these days.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not that it matters much.... But they are not issuing blackberry's (another wrong rumor). They are Samsung Galaxy 5's (not bad phones) the entire industry will be going to corp issued phones...don't blame it on the company- it's the FDA and document retention. It's a liability/ CYA thing...And I agree there are more positives here then negatives. New hire salaries are dropping across the board (with a few exceptions ) and CSO spots are becoming more common.
    Culture is pretty much the same everywhere and much of it depends on your direct manager. (Some good ones here ,
    And some VERY bad ones here that should have never been promoted to a mgmt position)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it Moral More Oral or Morale?

Just Sayin

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moral is great. The one percent of reps that are complaining come on here and make it look worse than it is. 99% of company is happy, working each day, going home each day, and feeling good about them self. The haters come on here and try to be funny or stir up a little BS because they're unhappy about them what they see when they look in the mirror. Thats the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so says a changed rep.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahaha, 1% unhappy. I talk to people in multiple regions and with varying tenure, and I'd say 8 of 10 are unhappy.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must be nice to drive home to mansion in a Porsche everyday.... I guess that boosts morale....
    Jt...... Go away......

I assure you the only work I am doing is between the hours of 10:47-11:30 so I can get home in time for the "showcase showdown" and fire off some knuckle-children.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Change is never easy. I guess the question is why are people so unhappy? Territory size? New manager you don't like? That I get. Most of the day to day stuff hasn't changed too much for those calling on GI. Maybe give it a chance and see what happens. As someone else said; we should leave as soon as we are unhappy.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, and many are looking/interviewing. Depending on what the goal numbers look like. . . that number could go up significantly.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grass usually not much greener on the other side. I got severance and found another job right away. Great, but quickly realizing how good we had it at Salix. Sounds like current Saleant situation isn't ideal, but what job is? Industry sucks these days, with no access, squeezed budgets, over-zealous managers fearful for their job...best we can hope for is to punch the clock and be left alone.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PLEASE LEAVE... There are a lot of highly qualified reps that will take your spot in a hearbeat. Then you can go to work for PDI at $65K/year. Good luck!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Matter o'fact, I already put in my 2 weeks notice. Eat my knuckle butter.