Who else is leaving?

Discussion in 'Akorn' started by Anonymous, May 6, 2014 at 12:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was just on the website and saw 10 opennings for the Ophthalmic Team. Was there a mass exodus that was posted here??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in Acute and we lost only two last month. I really have no interaction with my Ophthalmic counterparts unless they need something.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares already...Move on. People have left and will continue. That is life here and at every other Rx company.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am driven nuts about constant and never ending demands by my manager to do a justification report for any/all products that do not meet with his expectations/forecast expectations.

I put in endless time in the field and god forbid== I crunch these reports on company time.

I am not a pivot table guru so it takes me a long time to do this.

I then spend stupid time having to answer his comments for updates on these reports.

The most frustrating experiences are being expected to predict/explain holes in Nembutal sales. What? This is a crash cart drug needed mostly when they get a train wreck in from a horrible situation. I feel horrible calling these accounts asking why. The accounts know they need this and in a crisis situation Akorn is the place to go. And they do go to us. If we see a huge spike in monthly sales for this we know someone was on the verge of dying. Why make us chase reports on this drug? The accounts will order from us as needed.

He claims he is not a micro manager but he is the biggest micro manager I have ever experienced.

This drill down, have me review anything you send to corporate first mentality is counter productive. Trust us for the experienced, intelligent reps we are and cut this out.

No wonder turnover is so high. This just wears us all out. Stop it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me take a wild guess:

#1 The product is Nembutal

#2 Joe W - Sales Director West

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

he enjoys being an a**hole....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup. That be him. Funny thing is if you work in the East side of Acute Care, that manager trusts his people and does not put them through this. I have bent the ear of many of them and they feel extreme sympathy for us here on the West.

JW continues to lose and lose and lose good reps and they keep him.

Why not replace him and hope to keep a great team of 12 field AC reps.

Running your sales force like an irate marine core drill instructor is counter productive.

He compliments us on our weekly Monday call in teleconferences for on minute then berates us for all the stuff we did wrong.

God forbid you raise an issue--- you will be assigned another task of trying to fix what you brought up.

He ends all his conference calls with a thank you for what you have done and mean to him. This is confusing when you have been just raked over the racks for what the team did not accomplish.

We all dread field visits with him. We are never good enough.

Enough venting for now. I have a 3rd interview soon with an inside connection and should be able to escape this bad dream soon.

Hang tough fellow co-workers.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has all way more to do with Akorn's culture....pay...commissions....discontent...turnover etc...than it does JW...wake up, look at the big picture.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

East Coast Acute Team has also lost some great reps, not because of the sales director, but because of the Akorn Culture.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting as ever. Not.
    Facts are West has 6 senior reps. If you still worked here, which you don't, you would know time in territory and performance = promotion. The bad ones have left, or were asked to go, and the good ones remain and prosper. East has one or two as they have had their share of turnover as well. Teams will forever rotate based on base pay but field leadership is good as are the reps. Now, who the heck is Rick?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, however JW is the biggest micromanager in Akorn. He should be trying to solve the problems of his reps, not add more BS to the pile.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut up Mr. Baby. Be a man & go to work!

ACUTE SALES RULES!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, thanks Joe, I will go back to work now.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to watch what you post here.....We know Acute West Coast team and the tenured reps have dealt with Joe very well. So it must be one of the newbies writing this stuff. In other words, Watch Your Back!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just got a written offer on Friday. Game plan is to work the net two weeks while I wait for drug & background screens to be completed. Then I have a 3 week home study. Will probably double dip and make my Akorn calls via telephone, put in some mileage and some expenses while I study at poolside.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats!! Now please take me with you...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, update your resume and start testing the job market. Only took me <60 days to get an offer. Believe me the grass is greener outside of Akorn.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good For you.....Have your cake & eat it too!......Any hints on where you are going?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares anymore........I just want to wish my fellow sales team members a very happy July 4th holiday. Enjoy the weekend with your family & friends.