OMG!

Discussion in 'Acorda Therapeutics' started by Anonymous, Apr 26, 2014 at 8:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG!!! Say it isn't so. Changes in HQ Commercial?? Bad ones!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG !!!!!
    You are so dumb
    No wonder Starbucks didn't consider you for a Barista position.
    The changes already happened
    "YOU WERE FIRED"
    and while it was bad for you, it was GOOD for everyone else.
    Bye-Bye.....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

rumors abound dude...other bad decisions being made. Watch the exodus happen now,

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing for a job here.

Do you guys sample?? I just want to make sure I am not getting in to a gig where I have to get signatures.

THanks

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are interviewing why don't you just ask in the interview or contact the manager? Not a big deal to ask that question. The fact that you seem afraid to ask send up a red flag in my book.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MAY is when it all hits the fan
    4 upper leadership people will lose their current titles, 2 will be fired

Any guesses who?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to see it do believe it. No way these asses will be penalized in any way. Demotions aren't good enough for them. If they don't get fired, the company will remain shit.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LS is very strong. She can make difficult decisions and she does it by taking in all the facts and doing what is right for growth. She is a strong leader with experience. The mistakes made by ABMs were bad risks and the cavalier attitude that you can do anything without asking for guidance occurred for a few. Marketing and legal should have had a clear policy stated what field sales has to follow. The Sales leadeship team should have had the experience to know that online training and sign off of acknowledgement protected people. A few peeps stepped out of the box as rogues, others made mistakes without intent. It's over and it won't happen again. Lots of mistakes up, down and across the org. Learn from it. You have a job. Do it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

strooooong? then why did she hire libby who has destroyed marketing?
    the dept is already a fucking mess.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! LS is strong?! You people obviously haven't been around too long. The very day LS was hired things started going downhill. We had a launch that was good in some respects and terrible in other respects. It could've gone smoother, but that really wasn't her fault because she was too new. But right after that, she literally destroyed rather than help improve the departments under her leadership. Slowly but surely and consistently, she has made very bad decisions. If you have worked for a company that has/had a great leader you would realize how poor a leader she really is. A lot of people have great experience but not all these people are good leaders. She is a terrible leader. She needs to go.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes LS is strong. You need to do a good historical inventory of how far we have come since she joined us. When the old guard was in before Ampyra, decisions were made the "Mom and Pop" way. There was no forward looking plan. With her leadership emerged supportive departments and processes that allowed planned growth. If there are problems, she will adjust, respond to them, and remove obstacles. We will continue to be successful. Have faith. She is very resourceful and not afraid of making difficult decisions.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agree. She needs to see what is really going on in Commercial though.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company would have headed in the same direction without her at the helm, and probably be better off with another qualified leader who would make decisions based on what's best for the company and it's employees, not based on what's best for him/her and based on emotion, as LS does. Also, there is no mentoring or learning going on here. It's just doing. A leader leads people and joins them in the effort to execute the business. A leader takes responsibility for actions in his/her department and does not penalize many just to save face. A leader molds, develops and helps others improve at their job, not remove people from their positions or displace people because they don't live up to her standards. A true leader sees opportunities for improvement and takes the current landscape and improves it. And let's not start on favoritism and nepotism. LS flat out abuses this power. Case in point, the Sr. Director of Market Research. This person is not nearly qualified to have a Sr. Director title. Nice person, but a Sr. Director title requires a minimum of 10 years experience in the specific job function, not just because you're LS' friend. LS is weak. Very weak. Not a leader but a manager. Big difference between the two.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THIS is the most honest thing I have read here. That is what leadership should be.
    There is no motivation here. Sad but true. She has made bad decisions and will make bad ones again. People already know and are looking to leave.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is her job to hire competent people who have had the experience to match the title. Those who report to her are upper management roles with departments to run. It is their job to develop the department members who report to them. She has to trust and delegate to those she chose and the organization hired after proper vetting by many. If there are Sr. Directors and VPs with certain titles, I am sure HR and the interview process validated their experience before joining Acorda. They must have come here with the successes and the experiences we need. Everyone on the top has more than 10 years experience here. There are more new faces in marketing and managed access. The team is getting more help and they all look experienced. Give it time. It's getting better already.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmmmmm, so you're saying LS never got involved with people's careers outside of the people who directly report to her? False. Let me get the list out. In addition, a great leader will see and recognize a great department leader from the very beginning. No it's not a perfect process and we have all made hiring mistakes in the past. The issue is that LS' department is like a revolving door, constantly turning and bringing in her friends or people she chose for these positions, and then the same people, in a short timeframe, being pushed out because they're not good at what they do. This is not good leadership. On the contrary, this is terrible leadership. The vetting and validation process for new hires at Acorda is broken, for the most part. Should I get that list out? It's a relatively small company!! One can expect this to happen in a large company, at this scale, but here?! There is no excuse.

Oh, and congrats on the CRL from the FDA regarding Plumiaz. This is worse than the one we received from the FDA regarding Ampyra. I can't blame LS for that one as it's not her department that is responsible, but the poor hiring decisions of the organization continue to shine. Yes, all drug companies run into a bump in the road, but Acorda seems to be driving for the ditches constantly lately. I shake my head in disbelief.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right now, the sales force and Commercial HQ are all hurting. There is no motivation and people are fried from long hours and total lack of appreciation. There is also fear. She has hired a poor Mtktg VP and now 2 not 1 but 2 EXEC DIRECTORS of MARKETING!

Everyone is busting their assses working over 60 hours a week and now more fat in between the cheese. We need workers not chiefs!

She has no idea what is happening in there. Rotten people abound! BTW - I am in the field with friends at HQ - ALL do you hear ALL who are interviewing to leave.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 executive marketing directors?!! First question is why hire an executive marketing director when the senior directors report directly to the vp? Second question is why 2 EMDs?!! Wow, what a waste of our money and resources!! This is absurd. Sounds to me like LS and her buddy LK don't know how to lead and don't know what they're doing so they are hiring people to get the job done. 2 EMDs?!! Who approves these requests?!! Do we love to burn our money or what?!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can you screw up an approval as easy as Plumiaz? How can you sell Qutenza and how come only 85k patients have tries Ampyra? Bad commercial organization with a laughable medical department, run by evil lawyers.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

appalling! Many of us are not getting advanced.
    There is no career pathway at Acorda or leadership development.
    How long do you think people will stay in this negativity?