DM Questions

Discussion in 'IQVIA Sales' started by Anonymous, Jul 29, 2014 at 4:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the typical salary range for a Quintiles DM on a contract? Is it typically the same as DM's who work directly for the pharma company. Is there a 401K? What are the car choices? How much vacation? How many days/week in the field with reps? Thank you in advance for serious replies.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was a DM at this dump a few years ago. The pay is about 20% less than the client DMs get. The contract I worked on NO ONE in the field, reps or managers made a single dollar in bonus despite big promises. The 401K? What does that matter? If you are are in a sales role or sales management role here the contracts are so short that you get no where close to being vested. They will tell you they will put you on a new contract, almost impossible since there are loads of other displaced Quintiles managers looking and the regional always hires a friend that he/she use to work with. The cars? Sometimes there are cars sometimes just reimbursement. You work in the field with reps 4-5 days a week again, depends on the client. The vacation is accrued per month, you have to somehow last at least a year to get the 2 weeks. If you want a day off you basically have to beg for it. This place is a cesspool and the lowest rung on the pharma shit ladder. If you can't do better than this I seriously get out of the industry. The above is the God's honest truth about being a Quintiles DM or rep, believe it or not.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you so much!! I was wondering what the chances are of being "rolled into" the client company before or when the contract ends. Thank God I am not desperate now so the two week vacation thing is not going to work for me. I currently enjoy 4 weeks total - 3 weeks + 3 personal and 2 floaters.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They always say there is a chance to rollover. There is a better chance of you winning the $100 million lottery. I have not seen a single person rolled over ever. They will not negotiate vacation if you had 3.4.5. weeks before and 20 years of experience it does not matter. Everything at Quintiles is base rate, period. Once the contracts ends they drop you like a bad habit and unless you are great friends with a RM here (that also gets a new contract) you are out on the street, End of story.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. I will definitely be reconsidering.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DO you think a DM opportunity at Quintiles would be a good way for a rep to break into management?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would NEVER happen. They will not hire a rep without DM experience to be a DM here. There are hundreds of unemployed DMs out there with a lot of experience so why would they hire someone without experience? They will not even interview you. Additionally, if you think you can be a rep here and get promoted to DM think again. They do not promote the sales force members to any jobs, the only promotions happen in home office. That's the reality.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At the interview they asked me to tilt my head about 45 degrees while pushing a yellow orange paper clip over a smooth canvas backed notepad..

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know one. She has told so many lies, and she doesn't even realize it. Word of advice... you probably shouldn't work on a contract that you are not ready for.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What in the world does that post mean? Were you drunk when you when typed that incoherent rant?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was stuck in banana groves

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could you explain the difference between the 'Field Sales manager' and the District Manager? Is this the same role? Is the FSM for contracts where the parent company DM is in charge of the sales team?

Thanks for the info!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My DM is constantly lying and its literally making me uncomfortable! How can I report this nonsense?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Call your Mommy and tell her your problems Porky.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do your job and you have no reason to be uncomfortable

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Report your concerns to HR. Document everything, as HR will side with everyone else except for you. Keep in mind, they have to lie in order to keep their job. They are all a bunch of misfits, liars and cheaters. If you feel uncomfortable, there must be reason.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes report the issues YOU have had to HR. Don't bring anyone else down with you who doesn't want to be involved

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are concerned about an untruthful DM you shouldn't be in pharma. Wonder what you perceive as a lie

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is not truthful is considered a lie. Sounds like a dishonest DM asking the question. No ethics here, obviously. The moment you decide to hurt someone else and bring them down, YOU involve YOURSELF and others associated.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM is merely a title. Not meaningful if leadership with integrity is not valued by that individual. Like the person who lives by cliches and hides behind quotes from real leaders and passing them off as if they were their own.