Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Decision Makers of PHARMA please quit wasting your time hiring these RN people in sales roles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have watched managers hire them and they are not sales type people and become low performing reps and then ................District SALES suffer and then we all get the "we need to get our numbers back up!!!!!!" conference calls!!!!!!!!!!!!! They don't have bachelor degrees either so quit giving them break!!!!!!!!!!! Just sick of dealing with this over and over and over and over time again!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

R.N.s think they will have an edge over the non-R.N. rep. They soon learn they are scorned with everyone else. Many that fail want back into nursing, but are often shut out and forced to become nurse case managers.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly some sour grapes here. I have worked with many R.Ns who more than pulled their weight and outperformed the reps. On the other hand, I've worked with many pharma reps with no advanced degrees or licenses who are so damned lazy, you wanted to kick their entitled butts. Its not the degree, the title, its the person. Lots of jealous immature sorts in this business, looking to target anyone they perceive to have something up on them. Anything to distract from their own lack of performance, ability and/or immaturity.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an RN and a highly successful Pharmaceutical rep for over 20 years. I understand and can process any new information quicker than a non-medical rep, I can transfer that information to any medical provider in a better fashion than any non-medical rep. I have worked for a couple of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Is my success due to my being an RN? Nope. Its do to my diligence and hard work. I just happen to talk the talk and walk the walk better than most! RN or non-RN. You can be a great RN and a Great sales person!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you! RN in pharma here too. To us it's more than a script. We actually understand the patholophysiology.
    Also an "advanced degree" is considered a Masters or Doctorate (PhD,PharmD, DNP) . Not a 4 year esp not a non health science 4 year.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh he'll give us all a break. I have been in the industry for over 23 years and I have seen it all. One thing I can tell you for sure is that generally the sales reps with nurse backgrounds are NIT the best reps and usually can't sell. In fact, I have spoken to several managers about this several times and many have stopped looking at people with nursing or pharmacy backgrounds and want someone with a strong record of sales achievements.
    Nurses in general have a perception of what it is like being a rep and think they can do it. In many cases from what many nurses have blatantly admitted, they thought the job was going to be something completely different and they are unhappy and fail miserably.

No one wants to listen to this "nurse" crap. Either you are good at sales or you are not. It is that simple. You don't even need to know every last detail of the drug to be an incredible sales person. Just because you have a medical background, does not help whether you will be a good sales person or not.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true!!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These RNs are used to nodding their heads and doing whatever the doctor tells them..not challenging docs. Ask them to use math skills, know any deep science concepts, or push protocols and you find that they dont have it..unless you are an APN in some super specialty then maybe you are halfway bright but 99% of you should have stayed in the clinic..

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Petty jeolous remarks only underscore your lack of maturity and intelligence. Fact is RN's are highly successful in sales. Obviously the one poster hasn't a clue as to where RNs are employed. They sure as hell don't bother working in clinics. No MD, outside of hospital based clinics or research facilities pay to hire a registered nurse. They do however, hire people with a 3 month medical training certificate and call them, their nurse. I have been selling in a variety of medical corporate positions both internationally and nationally for 30 years. I will retire in sales, watching immature petty jeolous reps trash talk me and others like me, as they move from job to job blaming others for their inability to perform. All losers point the finger anywhere but at themselves for their failures. It's called an outward locus of control. Instead of taking responsibility, losers whine on and on about what others do wrong or how they are superior to them. Whine on losers and I'll keep taking credit for what I rightfully earn, rather than whine about how someone else lowered my achievements.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you! RN in pharma here too. To us it's more than a script. We actually understand the patholophysiology.
    Also an "advanced degree" is considered a Masters or Doctorate (PhD,PharmD, DNP) . Not a 4 year esp not a non health science 4 year.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No question RNS make excellent reps. Diverse work experienced people in general, are more mature and relateable. Best of all, we don't be someone else, if we don't succeed. That's maturity and professionalism. Two traits sadly often lacking in sales people.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Error in above post. Meant to say, we don't blame someone else, if we don't succeed.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nurses usually go into nursing because they are very compasionate about taking care of people/ patients. They obviously are not real concerned about money because they start at $21.00 an hour. Over the years they may get an increase, but they still do not make more than about $45,000.00/year in NC. My niece works in the ER at Duke and makes $21.00/hour. That is crazy to me. I can promise it is a lot more difficult than pharmaceutical sales. They work 12 hour shifts too.

I am a nurse and I have been in pharmaceutical sales for over 25 years.Not everyone is cut out for sales in general. I believe if a nurse has the ability to sale she does have an advantage over a person that is not a nurse. The information you have to learn about the products and disease state is easier to learn plus a nurse is seen as a part of the health care team. There is a mutual respect from the beginning.

Most of the nurses I know can not believe I want to sell. I can not see how in the world they would want to be a nurse. There is one thing about the pressure and stress associated with seeing 8 doctors a day, but it does not compare to taking care of a patient where the pressure/stress is associated with someone living or dying.