Avoid this company

Discussion in 'Alexion' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In December, after investing a total of three different days for interviews, I rec'd a call on a Friday afternoon congratulating me and stating they wanted to offer me the position. Per their request, I sent in my personal comp info and rec'd an email back from the hiring manager stating it will take three days, probably less. After a week, HR called stating they needed extra time and I would hear back after the holidays. Nearly four weeks later, I got a call from HR stating they still have to get agreement from others to fill the position??? That was my last contact. There may be days when you think your current employer sucks, but don't search out Alexion for a change. Their hiring process is messed up. Maybe good for a person without a job, but be careful if currently employed.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I applied to several jobs with Alexion on line. One through a recruiter for a contract position. Every week it was an excuse, so and so out of the office, will check back Monday, etc etc.......went on for two months. Finally the recruiter just told me to move on and forget about them, that she couldn't get an answer. I never even got an acknowledgement for my app, and I have years of experience in pharmaceutical. Their loss.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great company if you got it 5 years ago and could weather the crazy storm. And especially if you held onto your options.

For the newbies or wannabes... RUN!!! There are some seriously devious folks at corporate. And no matter how sheltered one might feel, stuff rolls downhill and will eventually infect you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed there with a Senior Director. The guy was screaming at someone as I sat next door in an empty office. He called me in and proceeded to bully and holler at me. He didn't like my answers. He finally stood up in an intimidating way and said, "Interview is over." I was shaking. Never have I ever been screamed at during an interview. I can't imagine what it must be like working there day to day if that kind of behavior is acceptable.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too was screamed at in my interview. I was speechless. Their were two of them. The female present was speechless and uncomfortable too. This company is BOILERROOM. They want to be sold. PERIOD. Cash out. End of story.....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should have dropped kicked the guy in the nads and grabbed a stapler or something off of his desk as a souvenir and sprinted out of there. No one needs to put up with that ridiculousness. From everything I've heard, this definitely looks like a company to avoid.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry you had that experience but that is what it is like. The person in the office next to you before your interview probably had to report on how many stops their region just had or something like that. Hard to know who you interviewed with cause everyone is a Sr. Director of something or another. Management by bullies. It had been going on so long they think it is normal to scream at not only people who report to you but their own peers!
    If you want to work here (field or home office) show up to home office about 30 min before office hours and roam the parking lot. Very likely to see people actually crying in their cars before they head in. Same at lunch. Or how completely beaten up they look leaving at 8 or 9pm. And that is to go home or to their hotel room and work until 11 or 12.
    Everyone is tied here by their own golden handcuffs. Don't sell out and take the bait. I am not whining, I made my bed. Just got to get out of it now. Screaming and crying are part of the job. At least he did not misrepresent the job, whatever it was, it is all the same environment.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Initials are NK

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know any NK. Probably hired last week :)
    don't sweat it , after an experience like that you are better off anywhere else
    they always treat you better in an interview than the real job so that should tell you all you need to know

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if stock is so high how can company be so bad??

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe they yelled at you because you don't know the difference between "their" and "there".

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stock can be high and it can still be a nightmare to work here.
    Plus look at any s tock chart. From 2008 to 2012 or 2013 pick your entry point and you would make money. Now. If you were hired at 150 it still has a long way to go to be worth it to do the time. Find a new promising start up.
    Issue here is too old to cash in on start up. And only dreams in the pipeline
    Still a one hit wonder.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's a guy in marketing with those initials

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Overpriced drug. Stock taking a beating today.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is smoke and mirrors! Just wait until someone actually opens up the books and takes a real look at what's coming in vs going out. Enron of the biopharm world. People are all talentless retreads from other companies that never proved themselves.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Open the books? The financials are audited moron and the sales are easily verifiable. In this industry, it is hard to fake the numbers. Please tell me someone else in your family handles the finances.

To the previous poster, a 2% drop is not a beating and it is within the trading range of the last 30 days.

Please tell me that we have smarter people than this in our company.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4-5% drop since I posted and continues to fall. That said, I don't think Alexion is terribly unethical except for the arrangement with the labs. That's a little strange. And I know quite a few folks at the RAM and manager level. VERY bright individuals. This company is full of talent. I just think ecu is waaaay overpriced and the stock appears to be overvalued. So I'm out. Took my tiny profits and heading elsewhere. I am NOT rooting against ALXN. Just think it's time to move on.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, the stock is near the midpoint for the last 90 days. Spare us the dramatics. Secondly, why are you even hanging out here if you don't work for the company. Third, why just not admit your previous posts were just plain stupid.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is probably Nyron K. - a real douchbag and an arrogant bully

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Getting data on positive flows is legal and brilliant but a bit on the dark side. Granted. All depersonalized. We know a positive pnh before doc!! Crazy smart up all night people. Give you that too.