Imagine Dragons

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by Anonymous, Apr 21, 2015 at 11:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trying to book them for annual concert, how much did they cost? Serious replies

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Budget was $1million dollars

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will make an excellent NY Times article on the high cost of prescription drugs for patients. Keep up the good work!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will do, they put on a great show!! DNA band was great as well. Free alcohol and food as well all night!! We will do it all again in 2016!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When we changed the distribution model, we picked up over 1 million in new funding from the Mayo Clinic and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Nothing they can, we have them by the junk, they must use our drugs. 1 million for Imagine Dragons is pocket change. We have the Cancer Community in the palm of our hand. Sucks to them.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When reading the Genentech board, this is simply sick and awful that Cancer Patients are paying for these expensive concerts, expensive foreign cars for drug reps, reps that rarely have to go to work, gift cards and the list goes on.

Your leadership must be so proud to be pilfering Cancer Patients for every last dime for this activity. The NY Times, USA Today and others should be questioning Genentech and their ethics and integrity, or in this case, their lack of.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me it's not just cancer patients paying for it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you realize that no patient who can't afford a drug goes without. All drug companies, including Genentech, give away billions of dollars of free drugs. Look I work for the company and I am also a patient. I get it the drug industry is fucked up. Unfortunately the US pays for the world"s drug development. If you think that the government or some other entity will pay to develop drugs you are sadly mistaken. As for the thousands of people that work in the drug industry do you not think they deserve a break? Many of us work 60-80 hour weeks, including weekends away from our families, I don't drive a foreign car, don't get gift cards but I do get to see a concert put on by the company which is a nice break from the grind of my job. Do I think drugs are expensive yes, but am I glad that these drugs saved my life yes! Thank goodness for the hardworking people, sorry a few bad apples ruin our reputation but that is the same in every industry. This board sucks and is the worst place to look for honest information, it caters to the lowest common denominator so take everything you read here with a huge grain of salt. Best of luck to you and all the patients who suffer.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No it was not, this board is so full of BS. The band are from LV and this was a warm up gig for their new album.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice cover up kool aid drinker.

Now were those documents stolen from Amgen ever returned? Did the company terminate the person that turned over loyalty DISCOUNTs sheets, the sheets that look like discussion on the spread. What about the manager that hired someone that was involved in such activity? Also, why did the compliance guru at Genentech hire outside legal counsel to cover the activity up? How unethical is your leadership to be involved in this type of activity? Theft from Amgen, what circus act leadership.

Hey, about the dude putting in fake calls, like the doctor dying of cancer? Were all of the Avastin reps involved in this activity, the dude putting in the fake calls and the other reps looking the other way terminated? Very classy, putting in fake calls on a doctor dying of cancer. What did u spend, over a half mil on the rep putting in fake calls and other two reps looking the other way? Thx for ripping off Cancer patients on this act of futility. Very impressive the outright theft from Cancer patients. Nice reflection of the speak up program. I guess when retaliation is the end result of the speak up program, you get an organization that lacks any sort of integrity.

Hey kool aid, what about the manager that showed up to work for 3 hours in 11 months with the rep and ran the meeting with the race hate rant towards the Asian physician. Just curious, if Asian PhDs or MDs at corporate do not speak your dialect of the English language, are they stupid? You know, the same manager aporoving display fees for gift cards. Yes, your compliance guru and outside legal were there to assist.

A few bad apples? Please, when well over a dozen people looked the other way and the company is spending money on outside legal, your culture is infected with no sense of ethics or integrity. Remember, your own compliance department was the epicenter.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I heard about this ordeal at a Division meeting in St. Louis with the racist comments made, my question is, why does HR keep people like this employed? Keeping people like this employed only makes diversity initiatives look like a total joke.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes a few bad apples. 11000 employees at Genentech. It's corporate America no company, not one is perfect or has perfect employees. I experienced far worse at other companies, Pharma and other industries. As you throw stones what do you do? What industry do you work in? Maybe the church, that is the perfect place right? No bad apples there. Maybe a teacher, none of them are abusing children. Police officer protecting the public? Do you get my point yet. This company is not perfect, none are. Is this better than other Pharma companies I have worked at, yes. I am familiar with only a few of the examples you mention and of those I know about legal action is being taken against those employees. When you post again please let me know what perfect place you work in, I would love to know. One final note the wonderful non profits raising money send on average less than 25% to the cause they are supporting.

The world is not perfect, people do bad things.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Kool Aid, no I do not get your point.

Over a dozen employees were involved in unethical activity. Employees were knowingly involved in activity that violated compliance, then to add insult to injury, Genentech continued to do the wrong thing by hiring outside counsel to cover up unethical activity. Genentech is not taking action against those employees, Genentech participated as a partner in the activity, even your compliance guru. Remember, you ran individuals out of your company that had ethics and integrity and hired people involved in the outright theft of documents from Amgen. Your speak up program is a roadmap to retaliation. You had a RM, compliance guru and HR know about an individual that showed up to work 3 hours in an 11 month period. The 3 individuals probably receive close to a mil in wages and benefits and these leaders all did the wrong thing and acted in an unprofessional manner. The same manager that did not show up to work, approved display fee for gift cards, laughed as racist comments were directed toward an Asian physician. Repeated violations and everyone was comfortable looking the other way. Many people were comfortable looking the other way.

People do bad things, companies with ethics and integrity show those people the door, not hire outside counsel at the expense of cancer patients to cover it up. To make excuses for unethical activity that was condoned at many levels only shows your comfort level in terms of integrity. What type of leadership and HR keeps individuals employed engaged in this type of activity? Individuals that had the courage to speak up and do the right thing were slaughtered professionally by your organization.

Cancer patients are paying for this. So sick and repulsive. Cancer patients having to underwrite attorney's fees for stolen documents, gift cards, fake calls, and the list goes on. Around every corner, many lacked the ability to do the right thing. No excuses. Just a misguided organization.

When Genentech gets exposed for this activity, make sure you come forward with your excuses.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Work 60-80 hours/week what a joke! This is by far the easiest job I have ever had. Reps may work 60-80 hours in 2 months. If you think this is sales you are sorely mistaken. Job is a joke in terms of having to actually work

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just tell me please what do you do for a living?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never said I work in sales. Yes any reps barely work, trust me I know as most of your customers have never heard of you. This is why this industry has become a joke. In many cases field sales is just not needed, not all but many. Companies will begin to change and 1000's will be looking for jobs and then crying how the companies abandoned them. You will reap what you sow.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a long time employee of Genentech. When I heard about this race hate event at a division meeting with 9 white people, I became really disappointed that Genentech knew about this event and did not at least terminate the representative and manager for this activity. Given that no one was terminated, no one will ever take diversity at Genentech seriously. It is time for our white commercial leadership to act. Looking the other way is not acceptable. Yes, we make great money, but minorities should not have to earn that money at the expense of being mocked and degraded. If these employees are not terminated, maybe it is time to have our voices heard at corporate and stage a walk out or protest. Under educated white employees are not entitled to mock and degrade talented minorities.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty bad that leaders at a California company allow this to happen and have no regard for minority employees. Guess our white masters view minorities as a necessity and nothing more. How bad it is that we have to go Ferguson, Oakland or Baltimore to raise attention to this issue? Time to protest and have our voices heard. If the leadership is comfortbale deriding Asian Physicians, how comfortable are they scorning hispanics and african americans?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very sad that no one in a leadership role wants to address a racist episode.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looting Engineer Baltimore, MD

We are looking to load the bus up and head cross country to the San Francisco area.