I Wish This Guy was Our CEO

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 15, 2015 at 5:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What struck me as noteworthy was not his attitude towards employee salaries, however noble. It was his constant mention of their customers. We lie to our customers (and everyone else) every day and use the stupid ones until they get wise, too. Merck is failing.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But what about our Value Proposition Statement?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The customer doesn't matter one iota, they don't have a choice or input, they are the patients and they are sold down the river.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VPS and terms like stakeholders, 15 x 15, the new sales model, metrics, and business drivers were created by cynical posers who do absolutely nothing of value for the huge bucks they rake in.

Such terms should be axed, and so the $25 million base salaries for CEOs who have no vision and no product pipeline.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the hell are you talking about? I thought the minimum wage at Merck was $70,000 a while ago so this guy's action isn't all that new. Now should Kenny F wack his pay down to $70k? Absolutely! But he's an attorney and we all know how attorneys behave so that is not going to happen in his lifetime.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharmaceutical sales is massively corrupted by the bullshit factor that is such a huge part of the job. Everybody learns how to live in the land of fantasy and make believe or leaves the industry. That's just the way it is.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That pretty much sums it up quite nicely.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having moved on from Merck to greener pastures, I can tell you the one thing I noticed immediately that, looking back should have been a clear sign that it was time to leave.

If a company takes away the free coffee to save money, it's time to leave. If a company removes snacks from meetings, it's time to leave. If a company makes you pay for travel to meetings, it's time to leave. Merck is a ridiculously rich company, and the executives make ridiculous amounts of money. Frazier makes 25million while laying off employees? I'm so glad I'm out of there. Just waiting to cash in my options.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cash in those options as soon as you possible can. This stock is going to crash. Again.