Belsomra

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Feb 18, 2015 at 11:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. My patients are very happy with it. Good response so far.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People happy only with higher doses?????

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Belsomra is awesome! My teenage years I slept 1 hour a night and had weird moments throughout the day of my brain trying to make up sleep. I don't really remember highschool. Eventually as the years of getting treatment went by I reached an insane cocktail of 800mg seroquel, 75mg amitriptyline, 300mg trazadone, 15mg temazepam, 150mg lamictal, 1200mg gabapentin, and I have gone through practically every med also in those classes plus some others. Lunesta and ambien work for about 2 days. Flurazepam works but I dunno how long if I took it for months and it has annoying side effects. I get tired of all my food tasting metallic. With belsomra reaching 20mg I am down to 400mg seroquel and dropping it as fast as possible, no temazepam, no lamictal, and I just started working on getting rid of trazadone. Every med I ditch and night I take belsomra makes me feel better and more alert. The 10mg and 15mg dose rapidly failed but the 20mg has remained working so far. It does take a whole lot longer than 30mins to sleep. I usually take it around midnight, sleep around 3am, and wake up around 11. Delayed sleep phase syndrome is also part of my problem so matching things up to my natural sleep schedule just works better and I can't work so it doesn't matter. I found valerian root increases the effect dramatically. 450mg makes me fall asleep sooner and stay asleep several hours longer. Belsomra with valerian root has no added side effects beyond my other meds so far. I hope to drop everything else. Everyone saying this med was a waste should talk to the people who are really treatment resistant and current drugs on the market do nothing instead of the people who were just looking for something better than partially working zdrugs.

I think another problem is belsomra fails more in cases of bad psychiatric insomnia with no physical problem. If you want to stay awake through belsomra it's often possible. If your problem is being too stressed to sleep and you are fighting the meds and feeling depressed, not wanting to fall asleep the efficacy drops. Belsomra doesn't make me sleep. It let's me sleep. Sleep hygiene actually matters now. It was a waste of effort before because nothing would make me sleep but meds forcing it. Now I find I have to do things like turn off the big tv an hour or 2 before I want to sleep and actually lay down specifically to sleep. Instead of entertaining myself however possible until the meds make me pass out. Maybe it would be different if the 40mg dose was approved.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we believe that Belsomra will save Merck, we are really grasping for any semblance of hope. This drug is already a flop.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have until year's end before this goes to a CSO.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

…of course, it's already part of the InVentiv contract, which means it's already gone to a CSO!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then there is nothing juicy left!!!!

And how many of us join inventiv?????

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Belsomra. Did not work at all,got 10 day trial. Took pill it did zero, again tried again next night nothing. I refuse to use chemicals that don't work. Plus pharmacy said very expensive and such poor reviews no body wants.
    Reminds me of that abe lincoln and beaver dream commercial back in 2006,rubbish did not work. Same trash situation as belsomra it will be gone soon

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the review on drugs.com are abysmal as are the reviews that we get every day from our physicians. the 10 mg is worthless and many have said even the 20 does nothing. how much longer do you think the charade is going to last? its getting embarrassing and borderline unethical to ask physicians to write this drug.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vaccine Team here. Question for you, what is the internal climate like? Is management putting pressure on you? Is Belsomra performance poor everywhere? Are people hitting goals and making SIP? What are national sales v goals for 2015?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Uh, no! Still hearing about a lot of failures on the higher doses. This is an impossible drug to sell.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lots of pressure to meet goals. it was easier to sell last year (2015) because dr's had not tried it. almost impossible to sell this year because they have tried it and their patients didn't have success on belsomra. so now, it is impossible to sell. its so hard to stay optimistic because we get beat up everyday with stories of how it "didn't work". we hit our sip, but because the nation didn't, we got a lower payout because of a kicker clause. now i can't sleep!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same here...10 mg did nada. 20 mg gave me 3-4 hours of restless sleep. Nice headache the next day...but used generic Maxalt!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's unique about it is that it basically creates the temporary condition of being a narcoleptic because you're blocking orexin, the neurotransmitter that narcoleptics either have at very low levels or not at all. It's pretty fucked up...

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I keep counting those little fuzzies but nothing happens.