Salary range

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by Anonymous, Sep 20, 2014 at 6:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma sales is dying. Your value to the company is very low. Soon every prescription decision will be dictated by managed care and you will just drop off samples.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is what they do now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um, 1992 called and the want your tired rant back. Oh, it's 2015. Wierd, still hasn't come true.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doctors just want your samples. Offices want free lunch. Ups and caterers are what you are.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're professional, you can educate the doctors.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Umm, 1998 called and want that line back too. Got anything more recent?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1998-2015

Pharma is a good job for the money. We are all riding it out until it ends. Could be any day.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a senior pcp rep and came in at $95K. All depends on who hires you. I think they are trying to do better with salaries. Bonus is very average for big pharma. Raises here are low so get the highest base possible.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must have a connection, BI has a well known reputation of being cheap. No high salaries like that in pcp jobs. You make more money in specialty by internal promotion. Managers make in the 80-low 90s. This is not a place for any rep with years of high end experience or awards under their belt to think they will advance. They want cheap, inexperienced labor. Its good enough and keeps the costs down. Sales performance is secondary.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way pcp 95

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All depends is right but some recruiters will not advance high salaried to manager interviews. Others might if you can find them. Not a good place for strong candidates to apply.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

apply and see

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

95k hahahaha!!! ya frreakin right, this company is a low ballin stingy salary giving company.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok I'll start this...

4 years with BI
    10 years total pharma exp
    110K salary
    127K total in 2014

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you have a 110k salary and 127k total that means you only made 17k in bonus for 2014. you didn't even come close to hitting target. you are a drain on the company, performance clearly means shit here. I can't wait to leave this place. I over perform and I am way under salaried.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company's sales were down last year, so very few people made great bonuses. German companies are notorious for low pay, anyway. I have worked for three.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True on the German Company angle, but this is not Germany. They are cheap. Interviewed with BI with close to 20 years of spectacular performance, awards and masters in pharma. They wanted me to drop to 75K or less on a pcp job. As the poster above said, specialty no longer for outside hires. Any company who operates like this will get the results they're hoping not to get. PASS and do not stop on this place. Dont waste your time if you have a strong resume and have built your income you would be going backward. Unless you are in desperate need of income walk away from their low ball offers.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are some recruiters putting out the word that they can't meet anything near 100? Why are they given so much say when they're not the hiring manager.? They need to pass along the good candidates and that is it! BI is passing up the best talent.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Special connection? Friend getting this for you?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, how much vacation time for someone with more than 10 years experience in pharma? Interviewing for a position on the west coast. Thanks in advance for anyone that is willing to share. Currently have 5 weeks with current big pharma company and competitor product.