Rahway

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 23, 2012 at 5:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Merck going to close Rahway site. There is nothing going on on the factory area, the buildings are practically empty. They have a huge parking garage in the back factory area with only a handful of cars in it. They seem to be doing more in Kenilworth than in Rahway!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, we are going to add a whole bunch of employees in Kenilworth.

Kenilworth, China that is.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true! They are not hiring in China. Just creating an out post for outsourcing. Merck research is going down hill.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck has some idea that it is like Coca Cola. Its brand will outlast its need to be a center of inventiveness and technical capability. By harnessing the attractiveness of its brand, other companies with ideas will gravitate to share their ideas with the great Merck brand. Executing all those expensive tasks like discovering, developing, and manufacturing is too costly and now considered non-core activities. It will be a regulatory filing machine and an engine for line extension and marketing. We shall see. But most of the people that it valued 25 years ago it is looking to shed today.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All they do is sell their syrup to manufacturing companies. All the processing is done by a third party. That was until 3 years ago. Now they are back into the processing again to increase revenue. Their R&D is very similar to ours. It sucks. Remember New Coke. Like most of our pipeline drugs, an epic fail. I am sure that creating a new soda brand is cheaper than creating a new drug. You need a few billion dollars in seed money to create a new blockbuster drug. Our reputation is not what it was 10 years ago. Why would someone want to partner with us? Other companies with better reputations are happy to do it. We need to do the following:
    1. Keep manufacturing here and revamp QA/QC. The people are good, the managers are horrible.
    2. Move R&D to China. US is not cutting it. They are lazy and lack brainpower.
    3. Kick marketing in the ass. They need to actually do something, anything to help promote what little product we have left.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its not really known by anyone what the official stance is on Rahway, but one can certainly infer that Rahway is not long for this world.

There have been lots of moves and building shutdowns so I'm sure you can makes your own assumptions. I think Merck would also love to break that union as well, a building shut down will make that possible.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should Rahway close, I certainly hope someone doesn't forget to dig up the time capsule that was planted during a ceremony at the company's last "Family Day" back in the early 90s (before the WS move).

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since Merck has laid off so many, has consumed so much of their employees personal time with no intention of repaying, and has fostered dishonesty and underhandedness. In the process many family's lives have been disrupted and irreversibly damaged. Do they now eschew Family Day in favor of Broken Home Day?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop your complaining. Be thankful you have a job. It is clear you're one of the 47% that believes your are entitled to something for nothing. This is a job. Your employer is not one of your parents. Earn your salary or leave the position. Let someone who really wants to work come for the job.

I can't wait until next week when Romney/Ryan win the White House and get this country back on track.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any info on the storm Damage to RY , heard multiple Lab's complete loss of power.

11. finleyfarmer

finleyfarmer Guest

As a well healed shareholder, I say sell the entire complex. The land,even in New Jersey,is worth more as home and condo sites.The proceeds could then go to higher dividends for those of us that deserve them.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What have you been smoking ? The entire RY site is an industrial waste site, never could sell could not even give away for free.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe they could sell it for the development of a new shopping mall. Lord knows we need more of them in NJ and along Route 1!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Proof positive you are not a Merck employee but rather the spouse of some ass backwards rep or mid level manager drone that got canned.

It will be closed, and soon, but Rahway is so badly contaminated it could never be sold.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you been to the Whitehouse Station complex ??
    Beautiful facility and beautiful land.......
    Dumb as shit to give that up.....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah, but there's always Kenilworth and Summit. The jewels of NJ.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True !!!
    Who would not trade pristine farm and horse land for congested sprawl and fast-food....
    Wonder what will happen to the beautiful stained glass in the entry lobby ????
    I'd bid on that .!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Flashing lights “all pharmaceuticals are leaving NJ” more flashing lights “everything is being shipped overseas”. If you don’t see that, you must be Stevie Wonder.

19. finleyfarmer

finleyfarmer Guest

A few bucks to a several NJ politicians will cover the deal - money is money - screw the ground water and leftover genetic enhancers. The location would probably actually increase the mental skills of the population of NJ.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean Whitehouse NJ???
    Other sites are really depressing and gross !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can already deal with horse shit..so I'd go there .....