Why CTLs are horrible now

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mother Merck got rid of good managers and kept the garbage to make reps miserable. Most CTLs that are on board this sinking ship are trying to make reps leave. The NY manager needs to relax and leave her team alone. Undue stress when we are performing well is uncalled for. TE keeps worrying more about cafepharma posts instead of trying to be a better leader. Stop reading posts and asking reps if they have an issue. The whole team feels this way. It is really sad that you act this way

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! You won't give it a rest!! Posts about certain CTLs keep disappearing because she is screaming at cafepharma to take them down. I guess your posts keep her mind occupied for now. But I caution you that she may really get volatile and find you. Then you will not be so tough with anonymous posts. LOL

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Male CTLs can be horrible too. Seems to me they need to screen CTLs a lot better...should have mandatory psychological and personality test before someone can take on the role. Some do not know how to treat people. Some CTLS have absolutely no place in management. A good leader knows how to treat people, evaluate them in such a way to help their people grow. Seek to elevate! Good CTLs are want their people to do well and they are do not compete with their reps. They're also respectful to all those below them just as they are to their own superiors.

They really need to show the door to any managers who flunk the screen. Good managers have good track records and reps tend to like them. Bad managers usually repeat their bad ways, showing their true colors again and again. Change is needed in many corners of their field.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then there are the lousy managers that are never going away. You're stuck with them and your future is bleak. Your use to be able to wait them out for a transfer or realignment. Now there's no place to dump them off and they know the job market will never match their current pay. Frankly they probably suck at interviews and know they wouldn't get hired..... Guess what... The misery factor lives on. Kinda bleak isn't it?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today anyone is lucky to get an interview anywhere. For every job post there are at least 100 resumes. They say at least 70% of people who land a job its through a F or F connection. Truth is, getting all the interviewing down perfectly crafted matters but it hardly matters for those with the jobs.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bigger question is.............how in hell are managers chosen?
    Being a manager is a different skill set than being a rep. Very different!

A good or great rep does not necessarily make for even a fair manager.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice way to motivate performers. Shouldn't our scorecard rating weigh more than favoritism. We obviously have the competencies to get the job done if our numbers are strong. Yet managers are giving the VP awards, merit increases over 1.4%, and promotions to their favorite under performers who didn't do as well on the scorecard. Hmmm!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A big issue is that Merck is too cheap to buy quality data. Such a low level of confidence in the data and that is why all evaluations/placements/ awards are done with the "qualitative lense". Merck needs a back door safety valve to minimize risk. Besides, "be happy to have a job" is the motivational mantra and last card played when having these discussions. Anything beyond that is gravy, congrats to those who win awards but keep in mind that when push comes to shove, it is a crap shoot. (PS:How are those clean call decks working for you?)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tick, Tick, Tick to you my friend

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are all crazy we loved her in NJ. be careful what you wish for.

a word of advice do your job and she will leave you alone. hates slackers and people that gossip.

she's a strong woman. find it hard to believe she gives a shit about crap like this. I have known her many years. probably having a great laugh

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tiff has some dead weight bottom feeders on her team. A couple of them always have had issues with their managers because they don't work. They're so great but won't leave because no one would hire them. Overpaid and irrelevant is what they are.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managers are horrible because none of them have the slightest clue what the job is much less how to do it better. Managers ask the same dumb questions every time numbers look soft... "Do you make total office calls?" "Have you sold your managed care status?" "How are you partnering with your accounts?" Don't get me started on the manager lead "workshops" and their usefulness. Forget the notion of an even keel or seeing the big picture, these are people with really small minds that kiss arse better than you.

Managers are useless.

Let's hear some of the dumb things your manager has asked when numbers go south.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you need to be spoon fed go back home to your mama! Just leave people make room for us that want to come back. I'd work for her in a NY minute

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about when managers ding you when dont mow down the doctor during a call ? Hey if the doctor is visibly pissed you brought in a manager you can't make the situation worse. Giving a rep criticism for this kind of thing is just another way clue they want to push you out the door.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gotta love it when your manager gets super aggressive with customers and pisses them off. Then they wonder why some offices don't want to see them.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told I needed to jump into some detailing despite the very obvious push back from the doctor. I would probably have been banned from the office if I started anything with this particular doctor that day. I knew when to pull back. When we left the manager said I should have done it anyway because it was a competency!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think a lot of CTLs are mentally on leave. They have seen many top performing CTLs cut last year and know that their time is short. Marvin can't wait to cut more managers and reps. He will honorably make those tough decisions for a brighter future for our company, as long as he keeps his job. CTLs like Tiff and Michael in NY are kept around to strike fear into their teams in hopes of some leaving. The reps who hang around are supposed to feel blessed to be employed. Not much incentive to perform when top performers on scorecards are beat up by competencies. The system needs to change. Let's embrace a positive culture and not one of favoritism and fear mongering. Let's reward those that are bringing in the numbers and let's put an end to the mind games.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's make one thing that absolutely obvious even more so: There is nothing honorable about what this evil company has done to tens of thousands of its employees and their families while backstabbing lowlifes like Marvin get richer than you can imagine. That scum-sucking POS should be in prison.

I think it's time you took a long look in the mirror and ask if you're really that stupid or if you've just been hoodwinked by the scum that's ruined this company and more lives than I care to even think about, most of whom are spouses and little kids whose parent got railroaded out. It makes me sick to think of all of my former coworkers who were treated so horribly as their Merck career was forced to an end. All to save a few billion in pension payouts.

FU and FU Merck.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another Pity Party Post from the board jumper who never worked for Merck
    Abbvie Hsp troll Go F yourself