What's the word on this company? Expansion?

Discussion in 'Luitpold Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expansion for new product. What's it like working for this company? Compensation, laptop, benefits, car? How is management? Company culture? Any info would be great. Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think only directors and managers have been hired.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The rep interviews have already started from what I've heard. What's training like for this company?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is moving at a snail's pace. Has anyone had a face-to-face interview yet?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, very slow. I started the interviewing process 3 weeks ago & have not heard back.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where are u interviewing?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I started the process two weeks ago, in the South. Followed up with the mgr one week after phone interview and he said he had not moved forward yet, another week gone by and nothing.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Initial start date is April 4. So, some offers have gone out. Sprix launch date is May 9 in Austin. I've had 2 phone interviews with hiring manager, one with HR and first face-to-face interview this morning. They aren't rushing the interviews and some managers have only been on board for 3 weeks, but obviously they need to fill as many as possible before launch. Should be interesting to see how it works out. I have more details if anyone is interested.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More details please! What package have they discussed with you? What has HR told you?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I spoke with HR and had interview about 2 weeks ago. About 7 DM's spots still to fill then. Told would hear back in about 5 days. Nothing. Called HR and said no update by manager. Hell if this is how they are starting...... scary what the future holds.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much does Sprix cost wholesale? Is it strictly a retail pharmacy product or will it be a post-surgery type drug filled at the hospital pharmacy? Will they pay on hospital throughput or just IMS crap data? I understand there are no account managers and no plans to hire any so who sells this stuff to the PBMs or hospitals? Do the reps do it? I can't imagine the reps will negotiate with payors. I have tons of questions obviously - most will prob be answered at the interview.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please give us more details! They have a lot of people to hire between now and Monday.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody receive an actual offer? What does the package look like? Compensation? Car? Rental at first before you get company car or is it a car allowance? How do they pay, monthly, biweekly? How are bonuses paid?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BUDGETS 150$ a lunch.

CRAZY SMALL BUDGETS. locked at 150$$ per lunch. no more. How are we suppose to launch a drug with no samples and 150$ dollar lunch to huge orthopadic surgeon? Is this launch a suicide mission? Everyone is new. No one has been in the field. We get paid on pharmacy stock. Weird!? Ok so if Sprix fails we are all out in 1 year. what do you guys think?>?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: BUDGETS 150$ a lunch.

LOL

You are pathetic...Whoever hired you should be fired!

Why not take this on as a challenge to launch a terrific new product that has virtually no competition?

BTW, you won't be calling on Orthos - Sprix is indicated for moderate to severe pain that is ACUTE ( 5 days of treatment ). Better get used to living in emergency rooms on the weekends...That is where the patients will be found.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had phone interview today, also for the South. Mgr said base $80-85k, company car- Ford Fusion, 401k match $ for $ up to 6%... Sounds like a solid company. Oh yeah, gas card and company credit card as well. I'm highly considering it. He made it sound like hiring process would be super quick, like 2 weeks. We'll see!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: BUDGETS 150$ a lunch.

You are partially correct. HR rep in interview said ER docs will be calling points, & Orthos as well. In fact, orthos will be large targets.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about stocking and national PBMs? If a drug like SPRIX is not readily available, these pats can't wait a week for the pharmacy to "order" it. Does anyone know if prestocking in pharmacies and national/regional managed care accounts are being taken care of? I'm wondering if that is handled with the Daiichi Sanko national
    Account managers?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Acute, short-term (5-day) pain therapy does not merit samples and in most cases won't be stocked at the retail pharmacy level in a nasal inhaler formulation. Toradol was stocked as a pill. We will have to influence pharmacy purchasing in the healthcare systems/hospitals by working ER, post Op areas, etc.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

albeit this product will be good, it is going to be almost impossible to gain traction and uptake due to the indication and short term shelf life

translation: no pharmacy is going to rick pre-ordering an unknown product that does not have advance script data (IMS)