Contrave from a ptns point of view

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by Anonymous, Nov 9, 2014 at 8:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know this is the worst place to post as I am a drug rep as well and know how these boards are - but I wanted some info on contrave and I find the reps the best source! Doc started me Thursday. Said there may be nausea but it would go away. When?? anyone know that and why? Will the side effects worsen as you titrate or do they improve? Is it the wellbutrin component or the other component causing it? I have looked at ptn ed and they do not answer this. Worried that by the time I get to the full does I won't be able to function. SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would the dr start you on this med? Did you fail the other two that actually work. This one is without a doubt the least effective of the three with the most risks and side effects. The wt loss after one yr is about 3% better that the placebo patients got. That was in all 4 of the studies. The SE are far worse and the risks on this med are much more. The rep must have sugar coated the drug and wasn't honest with the dr or, the dr wanted you to be his guinea pig test dummy. The nausea will get better, when you stop the drug. The other meds work much more effectively without all the baggage.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did you get your meds already? It takes 2-3 weeks to get Contrave in the mail. In the meantime, you should ask your doc about Victoza. Not only is it more effective for weight loss, your docs will also have samples of it. That way you won't waste any $$ on a product that you cannot tolerate due to side effects. Good drug companies (except for Takeda) usually sample non-controlled meds to docs and patients for this reason.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PA gave it to me, but her doc is a speaker so to some degree i am sure I am a guinea pig. But, i got samples. For those who have never tried a drug like this it is easy to judge. So far it definitely helps curb the appetite and make you "enjoy" food less. We discussed the other options and this one seemed to be the best fit for my needs. Tried dynesa?- made me feel weird and stupid from the topamax. Works but can't tolerate. A serious response to the SE profile would be nice.

I get it, you hate your job. We all hate our jobs in pharma but we are stuck by the golden handcuff so take it for what it is and ride the wave!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's clear this is a BS troll post. We are not sampling Contrave and everyone that sells it knows that.

#diggersgonnadig
    #competitorsgettingworried
    #feelsdamngoodtoworkforTakeda

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the hell would I troll for? I can assure you I have a sample. Came in a big bottle, one months worth of drug in a purple zip bag with ptn ed and a measuring spoon- to help you measure food I suppose. I assume speakers are given some drug so they can test it out. Gave me all the info to enroll in the program to get the discount drug and the scale etc. Believe me or don't. What difference does it make? No one can answer the questions about AE's? That astounds me. All you can tell me is it doesn't work. Thanks for the help. Thats why I hate CP. Just a bunch of bitchers. Nothing useful.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know how to REALLY answer you but from physicians in the field who have patients on Contrave, they are very very pleased and so are the recipients. So far nobody is complaining about nausea, but remember that's why we have the escalation dose to combat that. People are loosing weight like crazy with appetites abated.

If you've EVER been on an antidepressant with a norprinephrine reuptake component you can have dizziness and nausea; doctors know this and expect it. This is why they do not bat an eye to Contrave. Also Naltrexone can cause dizziness so the two combine can make this side effect profile even worse; but remember discontinuation was 6.5 percent.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off, nobody du is losing weight on this drug. Over a yr it is only 6 pounds better than placebo. 4 studies we paid for confirmed that. Second, naltrexone contributes to the SEs but, it contributes not one ounce to weight loss by its self. You can take as much naltrexone as you would like and not lose an ounce but you are putting that crap in your body to maybe lose 3-8 pounds in a year from a generic Wellbutrin you can get for nothing. Boy, you are stupid and you need a new dr. Any dr that would ruin his permutation to speak for this drug and put patients on it is almost criminal. Ask for the 2 generics if you must but you will see, there is nothing good to ce from this combo. More harm than good, that's for certain.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MORE HARM THAN GOOD, THAT'S FOR CERTAIN? Back up your statement ce vous plait...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your a know nothing jack-ass that's for sure. Anyone coming on here spouting off like you proves to everyone how stupid they are. The combination of these two agents in a fixed dose extended release formulation does make clinically significant weight loss differences for patients. Read the label carefully and stop being a fool. BTW, we at Takeda are not claiming this to be a miracle overnight weight loss therapy. Wise up!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Explain how naltrexone helps a patient lose weight? You can swallow pills from now until the end of time and not lose an ounce of weight from naltrexone, but, you cZnt argue, it does bring risks. You are the fool. Drink more KoolAid-aid

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will explain it to you for you to understand.

Bupropion helps activate the POMC neuron which releases alpha-MSH, which binds to the MC4 receptor (I hope you know what I am talking about so far). But becasue it also binds to beta-endorphin mu-opioid receptor, naltrexone is needed. The beta-endorphin mu-opioid recepotor shuts off POMC. The "side effect" Welbutran had of lossing weight was not long term but all physicans saw weight loss with it. Naltrexone blocks the beta-endorphin binding, which in turn allows POMC to continue to bind to the MC4 receptor. This all leads to appetite suppression.

Secondly, when naltrexone and bupropion were injected in the Mesolimbic Dopamine circuit in mice, food intake was reduced.

Any questions???

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My point exactly, all the mimimal weight loss comes from generic bupropion. That's why contrave was 0-4 in the FDA mandated primary end points of more than 5% greater than placebo weight loss in a year and only 2-4 in the 35% of patients having at least 5% in a yr and double placebo. I know the reason you clowns had to add an addiction med to Wellbutrin. 2-8 in efficacy is the worst of the three meds available and you can't dispute that you stupid Fuk. Contrave numbers are so much worse than the other meds it's funny. When the doctors see the true numbers they say no wonder the Takeda reps didn't show me the real data, I wouldn't either. I heard Takeda was adding Crystal Meth to the next generation of bupropion for weight loss since it doesn't work on its own.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We already went over efficacy. Qspedia only shows results at the max dose.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As I already told you, we went over efficacy:

First off, the Equip study is a joke. Baseline BMI was a 42. Yes a BMI of 42 and ave weight was 256. You guys got the fattest of the fat and gave them speed. The range was 35-79 BMI!!!!!! LMFAO Not only that, you went all the way up to max dose and couldn't stay at the recommended dose.

Starting dose of Speed results for ITT
    5.1% vs 1.6% placebo
    45% lost 5% vs 17% placebo
    19% lost 10% vs 7% placebo

Contrave results for ITT in COR-1 baseline BMI 36
    5.4% vs 1.3%
    42% lost 5% vs 17% placebo
    21% lost 10% vs 7% placebo

WINNER: Contrave

And you are making funny of our efficacy??????

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's funny how you talk about what the doctors say because when they talk about Qspeedia's efficacy I simple ask:
    Me-"doctor do you go to the recommended dose are do you go to the max dose?".
    Doctor-"I always stay at the recommended dose"
    Me-"please doctor ask your rep about those efficacy numbers"

See unlike you, I don't have to pull unethical shit and "show" them my numbers. Stick to talking about Qspeedia

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your numbers is what I meant

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny, Conquer Trial recommended dose shows 9.6% weight loss vs 1.6 placebo. That equals 8% you big dummy. These patients had to have at least 2 co-morbidities and 52% had 3. You still can explain 0-4 primary endpoint efficacy in your studies c-- wad. As far as speed, the Norepinephrine meds have more activation than Qsymia, check the PIs, including yours you goofy looking putz.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep comparing apples to oranges. Those are the completers not the ITT you big dummy

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7.8 vs 1.2 =6.6. Once again, that's greater than 5%. 0-4, you still didnt address that. 62% vs 21% list 5% at the recommended dose. 37% vs7% placebo lost 10% at recommended dose. That's 5x. You big dummy. At least they can titrate to a higher dose for the few who need it. You have no other option, but please address how you were 0-4 in primary efficacy endpoint.......still waiting