Medimix componding pharmacy

Discussion in 'Pharma/Biotech Comp - Gen Discussion |Pharma Sales' started by Anonymous, Jan 24, 2015 at 3:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello all,

Any seasoned componding pharma reps have any insight on Medimix out of Jacksonville? I was offered a position and just wanted some insight on the compounding world? I have read lots of different things both good bad and neutral. Especially on insurance coverage. For those of you who have done it, are doing it, give me some input. Did you like it? What kind of commissions are these compounding companies paying? Does pcab accreditation really make a difference when selling?

All help us appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

your story does not quite add up. Sorry. First you share that you are looking at one job with Medimix in the Florida market. But the rest of your post is all over the place with questions about the entire compounding market, so what is it? are you interested in a "position you were offered" or something else? If fist is true, then your hiring manager now knows your posting on CP because you don't no how toe Network with actual people ( a ski useful in sales) and now may wish to re-cant the offer. If you are stretching the truth, which is more likely because you seem to be looking for information on the "compounding world" (your words) and your questions are written for the industry as a whole, and in rude and demanding tone: "give me?" I don't think so sweety. You ask about the kind of commissions paid by compounding "Companies"? help us out, but you only interviewed with one? Whys are you interested in them all? Pcab accreditation is an industry thing, so again, you're asking a questions far broader than your approach. Sorry, you questions sound much more in-line with what a market research analyst would ask in an paid interview. Sorry, not buying what your selling.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to, skill

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

know, why

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello,

To answer your questions. Sorry not sure what the poster above has smoked but here Ya go.

No particular order:
    -Pcab accreditation: is a voluntary deal and not mandatory. This is directly from their site. "promotes, develops, and maintains principles, policies, and standards for improving the quality of pharmacy compounding nationwide.

-commissions: range from 8-11% based off my previous experience.

-insurance: our worst enemy! To be specific, medicaid and Medicare as they do not cover most compounded sub dermal creams, again, from my experience.

It's all what you make of it, as it is in any other line of work. Get out there and hit it hard, be knowledgable and learn as much as you can. Not sure if you have any sales experience but this would be a great entry level position to get into the industy.

Hope that helped!

Good luck!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you poster #5.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the OP, you owe me $5 for that info! How should I collect?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These compounding pharmacies are mostly a scam. They are just trying to take advantage of insurance loopholes and the joke that is Medicare. Medicare is a scam feeding machine.
    Most reputable doctors do not trust these compounding pharmacies. If you plan on working in the same market for many years - avoid these companies. Otherwise the physicians will know you only for the shady compounding world.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like someone is jealous because they missed the boat

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hahaha! You wish it was only 5 bucks. These free loaders steel quarterly bonuses in the thousands each quarter for the stuff they rip off of others. Not the worst money if you care to throw away your advanced degree, and if you don't mind the risk of burning every professional contact you have ever made. That is if you can handle hustling everyone you speak with, day in and day out. Project managers will task you with baiting and deceiving EVERYONE you have ever known professionally or worked with. Even casual acquaintances are in play. They will ask you to trick into any one into spilling. Includes any one they feel you can bluff into speaking via phone or social media, and then swindle. Don't kid yourself, It's as shady as it gets.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the Titanic first set sail people were disappointed they missed that boat.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LoL, I agree. it is too late now and all those who don't have that entrepreneurial spirit and didn't pull the trigger are whining about how "shady" everything is. Fact is, their are shady companies in every industry. Most pharmacies abide by their state laws and they don't set the price for these compounds, the insurance company does. Sorry you missed the boat, some serious paper was stacked by people who did give it a go. i know of several people who made 50-100k/month last year but that is now about half. I think the call centers for these are shady and would stay away from. Still lots of dough to be made as the new pain patches are reimbursing almost as much as compounds and helping patients.

You missed this opportunity, get over it!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a matter of time until these are highly regulated if not shut down. Mixing 5 cent generics and charging patients $1000 is CRIMINAL

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medimix closed its doors this week.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is true... They were busted, shut its doors, and laying off 95 people.. Ive got some idea of what they were doing but im sure everyone will hear it sooner than later. Not all compounding pharma are doing what they were doing though.
    Its not all a scam. just 95%

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

false claims and billing scam..sadly most of their management has no experience in medical or Pharma sales so they had no clue about what they were doing.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When we were looking around they just didn't pass the smell test if you know what I mean. We never got a good feeling that they would be in this business for a long time. We figured it was better to go with someone who wasn't cutting any corners and risk putting us all in jail and yet would pay us top dollar, would be easy to work with and stay ahead of the game.

That's why we went with Supreme Medical Solutions as they offered everything we were loooking for and more. They are sticklers for follwoing the rules but were were looking for a partner that wanted to be in business for a long time and not just a year or so but would pay us a high commission and offer the level of service we needed. They had the telemedicine service we needed for part of our business and were happy to train our new people coming on board and kept us updated to changes as the market changed just like with all the recent stuff happening on TRICARE.

I was just talking to a new rep that had talked to several companies all over the US recently and not a single one had told him about the price reduction with TRICARE starting May 1st but SMS told us about that some time ago. What is really going to rattle some cages is when the new law goes into effect where pharmacies can only ship 5% of their business out of state and even with a state exception it only goes up to 30%. SMS is prepared for that while others don't even know the train is headed right at them.

There are tons of pharmacies out there right now but more and more of them are losing their contracts with major insurance plans like Caremark and TRICARE so it is important to pick a partner that knows what they are doing. Wasn't it Valley View that lost a major contract recently? Amazing how many are fading by the side of the road, some because they are doing things that are pretty shady and others because they are not prepared for the future.