Cornerstone4Care program - patient without insurance

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi -

I participate on the lab side of this board, so I figured maybe I'd be able to get some help for a friend from our friends in the pharma business.

I have a buddy who has been recently diagnosed with Diabetes and prescribed NovoPen for mealtime doses. He does not have insurance. After looking around, the only discount plan we could find for him (Cornerstone4Care) requires it. Is there any behind the scenes places that we might be able to look to get him on this or another assistance plan?

Thank you so much!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes. your doctor's office. samples.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Google Novo Nordisk Patient assistance program. How does he not have insurance? Thought you have to have insurance these days.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another hand out. They all contact us for free goods. Yes, where is the insurance?!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't listen to the cynical attitudes on this board... have your friend go to needymeds.org

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, you don't have to have insurance. There are still several dozens of millions of uninsured in the US.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's not what I said - I said you "had to have" insurance - meaning, by law. The fact he doesn't and expects others to supply him with what he needs is what is wrong with society today. If he had low income, he would qualify for any number of subsidies or expanded Medicaid. If he was rejected from all of these, he could apply for patient assistance. There's no reason, other than not wanting to pay for something, that he shouldn't be able to get some form of coverage. Does he drive without car insurance too?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

really? OP... just go to your doctor's office. if they are out of the NovoLog pen sample - which I can't imagine they would be - they will have two other pen branded substitutes on the shelf to give you that will last the same month or two... don't forget to ask for some pen needles!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP, may I frank? We're taught not to pay any attention to docs with high % of Medicaid or uninsured patients. I live an a market with a lot of patients without private insurance, and a high percentage of Medicaid. If I had a dollar for every time my DBM or RBD makes inappropriate and negative comments about the poor or uninsured in my area, I'd have two good seats at today's big game.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

(OP Response)

Thank you SO MUCH for the needymeds.org recommendation. He is getting set up right now.

Whomever recommended it - know that you have made a very hard life a little better.