CV Meeting

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jan 30, 2015 at 2:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Details come in drips and drabs. Anyone know where our natl' meeting is in March?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, remember 4Q? This one might as well be at the regional unemployment office with a hologram of Riad the BUG telling us that this is best pathway forward for both parties...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think everything will be realigned before the meeting?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What makes you think that there is a meeting. It is on hold pending downsizing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think realignment happens again this year.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sales meeting is March 10-12 in Atlanta.

7. Anonymousst

Anonymousst Guest

HR will have a major position at the meeting to respond to pink slip distributions.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zontivity can be sold if you know how to position it. It is a crowded space but it can be sold for PAD and repeat cath lab patients. That being said, you have to be concerned about the poor uptake for the drug so far. It is appalling that our thought leaders speakers continue yo fly around he country and take honorariums but refuse to write the drug. What is up with the TIMI people ?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

''It is appalling that our thought leaders speakers continue yo fly around he country and take honorariums but refuse to write the drug.'

Shocking!
    Agree this does not point to good sales anytime in the near future.

Why are they even looking to fill spots?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster 8 here, I can't help but think that the lack of thought leader use has something do with the data from the TRACER study. I had a discussion with one of the top academic cardiolgisits in the country and he was very lukewarm on our data and positioning. He was also involved with the TRACER study. I hope I am wrong but I think many of our team will continue to struggle to get Z off the ground.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This reminds me of the Proscar Launch meeting in the early 90s. Merck had a national though leader Urologist speaking to the entire Merck sales force. After the talk someone asked him how he would use Proscar. He respondes....."I would not prescribe this drug".

That confirmed what many reps suspected and the drug bombed.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know where you were, I managed a Proscar team and we made a great deal of money, far from a flop.
    Second, the reason he didn't RX the drug was his perception that his TURP business would go away, GREED.
    The only place it did bomb was in the Midwest where a Vagelos test area was in place. His thinking and belief was he didn't need a salesforce to sell product. Stubbed his toe.
    Remember, he was also the one who would only hire recent college grads all inexperienced and you can see what that has produced.