New expense policy

Discussion in 'Actavis' started by Anonymous, Jan 5, 2015 at 3:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Genentech and will be sharing this post on our boards; this is another example of how ell we have it. Our expenses are 25$ for breakfast, 25$ for lunch, 75$ for dinner (125 if in select cities such NYC, Chicago, etc). You guys are actually forced to eat at fast food joints while traveling? WOW!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our colleagues here are so brainwashed they can't see the trees be cause of the Forest.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a manager of legacy Forest. I know this is a fictitious post. Genentech per diems in line with us. Maybe a few bucks more but not anywhere near these numbers.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually believe you are a Legacy Forest manager and believe that. You yare a sheltered lot and have no idea what is out there. $75 for dinner is about average. But you wouldn't know that because you only know what the brainiacs like JL and CR tell you

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow at Allergan we have $25 for breakfast and 100 for dinner. This is going to be an adjustment. I've never had an issue and never came close to the $100 for dinner. $25 is a joke considering where the stock is. I guess when you company has crummy products you have to squeeze every last dollar to inflate that stock price because all of those 10th in class me-to Forest products don't excite anyone. What a shitty company.

Don't listen to the morons saying you should pay for your own way when traveling and $25 is more than enough. That's a joke. If you're forced to travel for work they pay for your meals, it's that simple. Even if you're being reasonable and stay at a courtyard and eat Breakfast and Dinner at their bistro you'll go over $25. To be fair it should be at least $50.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$25 is not unreasonable. "We are only responsible for PAYING THE DELTA BETWEEN WHAT YOU
    WOULD HAVE SPENT FOR YOUR MEALS AT HOME and the cost on travel. It was never the intent by us to cover the total cost. "
    This from senior manager in HR as I queried them.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. But wait until you have to share a room with a stranger at meetings. You'll find that a majority of Forest management came through the ranks. They think this is normal behavior and will berate you if you question anything.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey fuck stick you are incredibly stupid because it's $25, and it's horse shit by the way. Your name isn't Cary Renner is it, because you sound like the same type of moron.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do they know how much oi spen on a meal at home? What if it's a .99 box of Hamburger Helper and a 2.65 lb of ground beef? What if I eat out a lot of take out when I'm at home? Or grill up a nice steak? Do they factor in the cost of gas/electricity along with the other ingredients? Do they take into account that the only option I have while on the road is to eat out?
    Again, I would not be surprised if this was the actual mentality. Their stupidity knows no bounds. Just look at CR as exhibit A

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with you, how does management know what you spend to eat at home??

But their mentality is you have to eat no matter where you are so why pay more than the
    bare minimum. And $25 is about as low as they can go without being 'unreasonable'.

The lower per diem of $25 per day actually has advantages to senior
    management as they can allocate more per diem to themselves without IRS scrutiny.
    That is the aggregate per diem charges for ALL employees is what IRS examines. If Reps had a higher per diem it would lower the allowance for the big cats. By limiting us to $25 they get allowances that are very generous. Yes VERY Generous.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zig Ziglar has risen from the grave.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just trolling around on a frigid NE day. Came across this thread. I work for a mid-size pharma co. 25$ for breakfast 25$ for Lunch 100$ for dinner. It is not looked at as a reimbursement. It is a perk. A perk for being away from your family. We attract the best talent. I never heard anyone complain and in fact, most of us never come close to spending that. I've been around a while and hate when the younger folks devalue who they are or what they deserve. You are all college educated professionals who work hard to achieve specific goals that should make your bosses very wealthy. By being "ok" with being undervalued folks set a precedent for those behind them and around them. In a few years your company will become mediocre if you still exist at all. Smarter people will seek a company that pays talent. Do you see your best leave? I see even our best leave and take jobs in specialty for 135+ base + bonus. We get paid very well and at our last POA it was announced we will now receive stock options in order to retain top talent. Perks...are not reimbursements.

This of course applies only if you are actually performing. Not just dropping off samples and grabbing a signature. Everyone knows a 22 year old college grad would hop on that gig for 30,000 a year and no per diem. You get what you pay for.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where do you work. Our reps Median is only $109k. Maybe becuz our reps are only
    high school grads we earn less then u guys. But still interested. Could use
    a boost in pay. Please do u have any openings????

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company just became one of the biggest drug companies in the world and the stock is at $275 and you actually think anyone cares about the expense policy? This is mostly for DMs anyway. How many overnights a year is a regular sales rep doing? On the list of things you should give a shit about, this is probably 90th out of 100.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are obviously NOT management material. A strong manager looks at ALL COST CENTERS. The per diem is a BIG DEAL as there are many reps vs number of managers.

Managers make their reputations on cost cutting, especially on the pions like street reps.

I know, I am a DM and see this firsthand.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct, you reps are for the most part, lazy and worthless. If you were worth anything or could sell, you'd be promoted to a DM. You are lucky to have a job so, shut up and sell

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point. The rule of thumb is a rep should make DM within 7 years.
    Otherwise the rep is considered a 'endpoint employee' and not career material.
    Endpoint is HR terminology for layoff fodder.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two items
    1 How much do managers actually sell? If they are such great sales people......why aren't they selling?
    2 To use a sports analogy, since that's all my manager knows, the best players usually make the worst coaches. So if you claim to be the best sales rep ever, you are probably a lousy manager.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing funnier than someone pretending to be a DM on CP is a real DM who actually believes they have any authority in this company. DM's are a joke - management wanna be's who are manuipulated into working too hard, riding people endlessly, and taking the fall when the RD or a sales VP's need to make an example of someone or cover their asses. I actually feel bad for these spineless blind puppies.....

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Newbie sales reps are basically on a 5 to 7 year plan to make DM or leave the fold. Whether or not a newbie makes it to DM is based on more criteria than just sales. Reps are promoted to DM based on (in ruff order of precedence):
    1. Achieves P Club
    2. Meets and exceeds sales goals
    3. Leadership skills
    4. Coachability
    5. Follows direction from DM well
    6. Interpersonal skills
    6. Extra curricular activities
    7. Clean slate (no PIPs)

The first two items are clear cut quantitative. The last 5 are very subjective and each DM has a different scale of ranking. Therefore it is imperative that an ambitiuous rep help out his/her DM 'in and out of the office' to get the benefit of a high rating here. That said a P Club is almost a guarantee ticket to promotion.