2015 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 18, 2015 at 7:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sadly, this is true.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbott side stepped the "age discrimination" issue in the AV severance package, by paying you 1/2 week's pay for every year you were over 40 at the time of layoff.

It seems they overlooked that little detail with the first big layoff back in 2005 or 2006. Most of the laid off employees were over 40 and they got together and filed suit. Abbott paid each person an undisclosed amount of money. Some people called it "hush money".

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Over 100 Nutrition positions restructured out yesterday. Many Pediatric sales reps eliminated, Some Acute care reps, All Home Medical Equipment sales reps, some DMs, support personnel in Columbus & some Retail sales positions gone.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is just plain nonsense.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bummer. I guess it starts. There were some layoffs at Vascular a week or so ago and I guess cuts at Diagnostics. MW said Libre is propping up ADC, but I think there will be some RIFs here too.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More cuts on the way February will brutal

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are they hiring in nutrition onc.?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Acute care went from 140 something to 104 and oncology went from 40 to 104 so they have 60 plus spots to fill

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Miles White made his numbers for Thursdays Stockholder meeting.... how you ask... layoffs...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

smoke and mirrors. Miles is looking ahead to Q12015

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A little clarification please. During what time frame did AC go from 140 to 104? Yesterday?, last 6 mo?, last year? I know there were a number of retirements and resignations (and some invites to leave) during the last 6-12 months. Also how many HME reps and DMs were let go?

What did RS say yesterday?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also, how and when did Oncology grow so much?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HME division consisted of about 27 reps, all were let go and one DM in the East. The two other DMs left from that division are now managing Oncology reps who have new call points + duties.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did they keep the former ONC/HC DMs?

BTW, they let the wrong DM go. It should've been the female they kept.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That isn't going to happen. She is one of the elite Columbus people....if you know what I mean.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So where are these layoffs everyone was predicting? Feb?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

February isn't over yet.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, they start next week. Latest is last week of Feb. Any division not up to snuff will get downsized.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My bet? February 23rd through the 26th.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

February 30th