Former Merckie with Question

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, May 18, 2014 at 10:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm hearing about layoffs and hate it for my old friends. What is going on? Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blow me

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The time to pay the piper for the bad decisions executive management made over the last 15 or so years is here. The shit is hitting the fan on a scale of epic proportions and although I ugh the writing has been on the wall in permanent marker for the last 5 years, at least, some people are having a harder time than others realizing they have stayed at the party a bit longer than any rational person would have.

I think that about catches you up on maybe 80% of the threads/posts you'll find here - minus the whining and indignation.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. I was actually serious. I have a lot of old friends that were good reps who I've lost touch with. Just wanted to see what was going on. With an attitude like that I'm not surprised you will be updating the ol' resume. Get a life.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the response. I suspected as much. I left in 2009 when the promotions stopped and begged several of my old friends to look for other jobs was told that they were loyal to Merck. Really sucks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We were told that layoffs are this week. Piss poor morale. I doubt anyone will leave the house.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a "Merkie" you were a Merkin

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You BETTER leave the house cuz we will be GPS tracking yo ass!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt it but just in case I have a mini microwave in the trunk!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hmmm...A merkin is a pubic wig. Merkins were originally worn by prostitutes after shaving their genitalia

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

QA?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't be QA, they are all too fat to see the pudenda, therefore no need for a merkin. I think it is Riad wearing it as a disguise so he can sneak up on you with his hatchet.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a retiree. All I know is one blood bath after another. I thought it was bad when I retired. I don't know how the current reps can do their job when layoff is like a quarterly event. Did they get rid of the poor performing reps already during layoff #1? What did they call the reps being shown the door during layoff #2? Then #3 and on and on? I thought those reps left after #1 were the "top performers" critical to the selling model?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs are not based on performance. They are based on demographics to avoid lawsuits. Add in some personal vendettas and such and there you have it plain and simple.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all know that. But officially they are going to use performance as the official criteria to layoff the "non-performing" reps and assure the "performing" reps all are well.