Feedback on Jami Miller

Discussion in 'Abbott Vascular' started by Anonymous, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True!
    But not so hush-hush for 2 of them

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did they tell her yet?
    Is she still going to ISET and meeting?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have any of the vacant territories been filled yet?
    Is she still the Area Manager?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

she still around..... bad intel man....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not going anywhere sweetie

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You go, girl!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, really, please go

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did they make a change yet?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which RM is replacing her? Initials? TB?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Director from the Midwest who lives in Jersey taking her spot

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hopefully soon!
    I have an interview with another company next week.
    Would like to stay if change is made to someone good.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep posting!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have a clue if the change will happen soon?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had been interviewing but did not see her at the CRT meetings last week. Is she still working at Abbott or is there a new manager yet?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think she was there. Cancelled. Sorry customers.
    Where were you interviewing for? There are many open all

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow - when did she get fired?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Feedback on Jami Millern / Abbottt initiatives / #Transparency

Okay... I know I'm chiming in late on this but felt it needed to be addressed. I am retired Abbott, three decades, multiple divisions, field sales to director level. Yes I am a white male. I was very fortunate to have had the opportunities I did with this company and appreciate the experiences and the compensation... and pension. Many, many great people. Many great managers and executives... both male and female... both majority and minority.

I do believe it is wrong that this topic is not openly discussed and transparent. There are good reasons for the policies but the total impact should not be dismissed. Every Abbot employee should know that most Director level and all executive level employees carry diversity quotas as part of their APEX goals. I was surprised to learn many long time Abbott employees didn't even know the basics regarding APEX goals. I overheard one Sr. Director dismiss a question by saying ... "I don't participate in profit sharing so this is what I get." So misleading and disingenuous. Bottom line is every APEX goal matrix I have had and observed from others had a diversity component... so... you should know that these high level managers will jeopardize significant money (yes significant... as in 5 figures or more) if they do not achieve or maintain a specific diversity ratio across grade levels. Therefore this does impact hiring decisions and the timing of filling positions (often at the distress of other workers).

Also it should be added that there are social and significant financial (tax) benefits that contribute to overall company profitability at play here... and isn't that what it is all about?

In the spirit of transparency... please add additional details or updates if you can.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wont be long now
    jami has had her area cut in half by Terry Douche a lucious

She's on borrowed time

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was brought to my attention by multiple Abbott colleagues. They know this is a topic that I have experience and opinion. I believe they also know that I consider both sides of issues and have a history of openly discussing the matters that I feel are important to overall employee satisfaction and productivity. Judging by the number of views this post has received... my guess is that many of you already know, or if you keep reading will know, who I am. Feel free to approach me directly (lunch or after hours please) if you want to discuss.

First, I have no personal knowledge re. Jami Miller and disagree with personal attacks when the poster is anonymous. Fine to post opinions (if you are clever and not mean spirited you can do this without names) and observations.

Second, I recognize that many will read what I write and think... angry white male. I am a white male that recognizes there remains a need for policies that ensure equal access and opportunity for all employees and yes - there is room and need to compensate for areas where this has and continues to be lacking. I am a very fortunate and happy white male who has successfully managed a multi decade, multi division, multi level management career at Abbott. And for this I am extremely grateful. I continue to be a company advocate and mentor.

So... some opinions and observations. The poster re. diversity quotas & APEX Goals makes valid points. Within the past eight years I spent over three years in a business unit where this diversity policy was heavily enforced. It was the opinion of many within, me included, that this was detrimental to the overall mission and a burden on those that chose to stay or could not transfer out - and many did or consistently tried. Can you imagine the impact and how this affected the day to day spirit of the overall unit. All you had to do was attend or observe a Staff Meeting and it was obvious that the diversity represented did not match the company, or the US, or the word demographics. Why did it have this negative impact? Just a few reasons. 1) Few internal promotions at senior positions so constant training and waiting for new Managers/Directors to get up to speed, 2) Jr. managers and below doing the jobs of Mgr/Dir (and their own jobs), 3) Realization that the most qualified individuals who committed to unit were not given equal consideration, 4) Realization that this was not going to change, 5) Wash, rinse, repeat. Two things I observed: 1) this business unit was used as a "proving grounds" for diversity candidates. Some were awesome and made real contributions while others struggled and ultimately either moved on or quit. Most common was they were moved into other role (similar to their previous). What I never observed was a termination. 2) While this over application burdens the majority it does benefit the minority in many ways including financial incentives that in one way or another reach all the way to the top. Perhaps a bit of guilt here... me included.