Divesting Dermagraft at the end of 2013

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Oct 8, 2013 at 2:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole division was severed. A minimum of 6 weeks I believe.....3 weeks/year.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am so sorry. What a horrible twist of fate. I remember when everyone was fighting to get into that division just late last year.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about the National Sales Director out of San Diego?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Entire BU was let go

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Ocular Sales Force???

Why would you care? That is a "pharma" sales force remember? You are well above a "pharma" sales person remember all the posts making fun of "pharma" sales people? Go reread them all!

Have fun collecting the $432 a week while I am making my 110K base salary + bonus, car, benefits in "pharma"! God I friggin LOVE Karma!!!!!

Signed,
    A "pharma" sales person
    LOL

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You love all the box checking, faking calls to show activity, not seeing doctors nurses or even the fat receptionists you used to feed. Wow! That is a meaningful job and life! Just live out the rest of your meaningless life and make your 110K plus bonus and feel good about what you've done for society. Wow!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on what you do with your time and money. You can give back and give forward. The nice part is, we are paid and still can do meaningful things with our time and money. Now that you have a lot of time...... what will you do?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What will I do? O.K., I will answer this.

I will start a higher paying job THE day after I get my severance from Shire.

I think this highlights the fundamental difference between the skill sets here….I don't stress having a job that pays well. My guess is that if Shire folded for you, you would wonder where you might be able to replace the income. I don't share the same stress.

Enjoy the $110K base and bennies…..I look for more and get it.

Zero jerk in the above, but you do need to realize that this was no great "boom".

YMMV….

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously post something more original next time.

Yes yes we all know here is what you and EVERY other person who gets laid off has lines up....

1) a new job paying 50K more in base salary
    2) a start-up opportunity with a best in class drug
    3) start date is a week or less after you termination date so you can say "I am being paid double" etc etc etc
    4) your new company care is a BMW or Mercedes
    5) Hiring manger has verbally stated you can be in a DM position if you want within 12 months due to the "next phase of expansion"
    6) You feel like you really make a difference and provide a tremendous amount of value and the medical community will crumble to its knees if you were not out there educating everyone on your product
    7) you really are SAVING lives!!
    8) Job security is 100% for the next 25 years
    9) Your new territory only cover 3 square miles so no overnights
    10) you new "at plan" compensation is over 200K

Did I hit all of the new job "perks" with your new and glorious position that you and everyone else comes on CP to state when they get let go? What am I missing all great high skill set and savior of the medical community world?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really like the Dermagraft sales position was a tremendously different box checking job than described above? Puhlease...!

Even if this was true how well did that business model work out for you even BEFORE the reduction in reimbursement and could not sell off label or pay customers? Notice the difference in gross income from Dermagraft before and after Shire's purchase. Yeah, thought so. Next.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously post something more original next time.

Yes yes we all know here is what you and EVERY other person who gets laid off has lines up....

1) a new job paying 50K more in base salary
    2) a start-up opportunity with a best in class drug
    3) start date is a week or less after you termination date so you can say "I am being paid double" etc etc etc
    4) your new company care is a BMW or Mercedes
    5) Hiring manger has verbally stated you can be in a DM position if you want within 12 months due to the "next phase of expansion"
    6) You feel like you really make a difference and provide a tremendous amount of value and the medical community will crumble to its knees if you were not out there educating everyone on your product
    7) you really are SAVING lives!!
    8) Job security is 100% for the next 25 years
    9) Your new territory only cover 3 square miles so no overnights
    10) you new "at plan" compensation is over 200K

Did I hit all of the new job "perks" with your new and glorious position that you and everyone else comes on CP to state when they get let go? What am I missing all great high skill set and savior of the medical community world?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was epic.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure, let's continue…

1). 25K more in base salary
    2). No, not a start up
    3). Start date is the day after done with Shire
    4). Car allowance. Test drove today. Neither BMW or Mercedes, but am leaning towards a Ford.
    5). Won't share here, would be too revealing for those who actually have a clue what is really going on here. Your comments are inaccurate.
    6). I make a difference in that I move the needle.
    7). Stupid.
    8). My job security is tied to my performance, as it should be. No, there is no 25 year security, but then again that is not what I necessarily crave as that sounds underpaid and boring. I would rather crush it for 10 years and walk away from it all.
    9). New geography is much, much larger and I will be humping like mad. I am ok with it.
    10). Yes, my at plan number is $275K…and I will hit it.

You know, until you actually go out there, take that risk and see what you are capable of and what kind of commitment to the business and to your customers you are willing to make, please don't be so short sighted to those who have taken that walk. It's not for everyone my man.

Try a new experience maybe? You are clearly bitter to those who have stretched and succeeded.

Different filters, different strokes for different folks.

NOT epic….

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to the bitter ADHD rep that has the secure job..........

"People that aren't getting better criticize those that are". Be grateful that you have a job. You'll get the joy of walking through a season in life at some point that might not be so pleasant. I'm going to make an assumption that you don't have kids, because how in the world could you be so degrading of those that lost their job if you could picture yourself going through it with a family? Try being the entire income for a family of 3 kids and a wife that has been blessed to stay home for the last 10 years. Yes, we've been smart enough to have about a 10-month emergency fund, but it's still been very stressful. Show just a little bit of compassion towards your colleuges. If you think that you have complete job security with Shire based on your performance, your very mistaken. I've been laid off twice in the last 2 years after being with Shire for 14 years.....both times came after a promotion and a CE on my evaluation. Didn't mean to get so preachy, just try to understand what someone else is walking through before you make your remarks. Most good human beings don't cheer someone else's struggle.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Epic for what? An immature and stupid post. Typical insecure pharma rep who deep down knows their job is a joke and their career is a joke. Have some class.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yawn. Like I said Original.
    Amazing. Everyone should just try to get laid off and they will be guaranteed a new and better job. Statistically on here it happens 100 percent of the time. Yawn. Yawn.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good point

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is the whole RM business unit being laid off on Feb 14 now?