Good luck to the former ABH'ers

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sad to hear the news about Dermagraft and Shire RM. Having spent time in the "new" company, I am certainly not surprised at the recent news. The handwriting was on the wall the day Shire moved in. Selling Dermagraft is a niche kind of thing - wound care is a different market that typical pharma. Shire made a mess of it. An organization will not outgrow the capability of the leaders. Shire brought over their own and ignored many talented people in the organization. I left not long after Shire came to town. I met the Zone Director for the my part of the country, met some of the managers --and I just had a feeling this was a losing team. Good people, I think, but grossly underqualified.

I wish the former ABH colleagues the best of luck. The core group of that company was terrific. Passionate, successful, great sales people. Their was riff raff, particularly in a couple of key roles at top, but there were a lot of really good people. I have read some of the banter about ABH and the crooks --- that's simply not true for the majority. I met some fine people who are a credit to the industry. I am saddened that Shire ran the company into the ground to a point where it was literally worthless. Poor leadership has consequences. I'm sorry so good people had to go down with it.