Our new sweet company are laying off reps left and right

Discussion in 'Cadence Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Aug 14, 2014 at 5:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Mallinckrodt doesn't mess around. You go on a PIP or severance. You decide. Xartemis XR was a wreck of a launch and so many people have been let go and the severance completely sucks. Only a matter of time now where their poison leaks into our division.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It just goes to show how ruthless they are. Mallinckrodt just doesn't know how to run a field force nor do they know how to take care of their own people. If they would just value the people they have now, they wouldn't have to spend twice as much replacing them. This is a piss poor company that is poorly managed. Very sad.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HSS be warned. By Q1 at the latest you people not doing well will be in the same pipuation.
    Your numbers are down they will say what have you done to turn it around. Better not lose a formulary as that is your fault too. Price redo was months ago and by now you should have used the available resources to get the business back. You watch this is what the RSDS will have the DSMS say. You might have been a good rep prior to the price reshaping but clearly you are not equipped with the skills needed to perform in this new environment.
    Mark my words and pray I am wrong

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have average numbers and no growth, that's who Mallinckrodt will get rid of

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They only offered 6 weeks severance to the a Mallinckrodt reps or they can choose to go on a PIP. HORRIBLE

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Cadence reps will really start to see the changes in January

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People will soon find out what a cutthroat and nasty company this is. So many of my friends are taking the measly 6 weeks severance. No on could find a job that soon. If you know what is good for you, I would encourage everyone to interview now. Your Cadence culture is long gone and it is going to get c really bad.

I have only heard light info that the next drug planned to promote is something you're not going to want to promote. Sorry

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We know it's Xartemis!! That will be the end !

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can you have credibility trying to sell your IV non opioid in the hospital and then take to some off the same surgeons about an CII pos hospital? Thats a horrible position to put the Cadence reps in with the people that they have built their relationships. of course, it shows that the leadership does not get it.

I know most of you have been looking, so keep using your spare time to find your next position.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You couldn't have said it any better. If we are given Xartemis XR, it is completely over. No credibility whatsoever and most wouldn't stay for that very reason. We would lose everyone's respect. Most know Mallinckrodt for their tubing and not that they are so major into narcotics. Otherwise, we would be getting it worse from our customers if they realized that.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give me a break. Electronics stores sell many varieties of televisions, stereos, DVR's, etc. There are different situations for different products. Selling a non-opioid and a narcotic are not mutually exclusive. Sorry you no longer have the easy life as you must now work for a living...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No it's not along the same lines you don't get it. If the reps are promoting a non narcotic to the surgeons in the hospital and then ask them to write a narcotic post hospital stay,the surgeon will think they do not understand the process for treating pain.

If the were using a IB NSAID maybe this would be a more logical approach, but not with a pain reliever.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DUMBEST COMMENT EVER MADE ON CAFEPHARMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Where do they get these morons? Speaking of electronics, you don't seem to have the brain capacity to even work at Walmart.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am one of the reps that was let go, and I am writing this to warn you...get a backup plan in place now. The legacy reps at MNK who were PIP'd/Laid off, had a LOT of tenure, some had more than 10 years in with this company. One was Rep of the Year in her region in 2013. Several Pres Club winners, some multiple. They did not care. If you have tenured, high performing reps that could not sell Xartemis XR, it's probably not the reps. They screwed with our territories, sent us after pain management docs first (even though we knew better), and gave us target lists that changed a few times, and all with bad address data. Go to MNK board and read the horror stories. When you have prescriptions that are never adjudicated properly, how can they fire with bad data, bad addresses, and no XXR quota to begin with?

Run, Cadence reps, run.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the information. Cadence leaders are denying that a lot of people in your division have been let go. Flat out denying it. Do you have any idea the % of the sales force that has been let go or put on a PIP?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There were two "buckets" for MNK legacy reps.. One was take 6 weeks pay and leave today or get 60 scripts by the last day of Sept and if not leave with nothing. The amount of scripts though is more than many had achieved since launch. The third "bucket" was without an offer of leaving with 6 weeks pay today but simply you must achieve 60 scripts for 4th Qtr by the last day of Sept or then you end up in the second bucket. (Leave that day with 6 weeks pay or put on a very short term PIP). The Inventiv contract reps had their call later and were told that they had to achieve 60 scripts by Sept 30th or they were fired (w/out severance since contract) and would not be eligible to reapply for another Inventiv job if fired. If they quit before the firing they can apply for another Inventiv contract. Many have already quit and many are waiting a couple of more weeks to see if they can hit the 60. If they do get 60 they will stay for now while looking for something else. If they are not close and know that they will not reach it they are looking while staying to collect another check and quitting before the 30th. In the majority of districts there were only about two people who did not receive one of the above and are ok for now.Each district had an avg of 12 reps and currently and avg of 4 vacancies per district. This number though will be increasing as we get closer to the 30th.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the vp of sales is deliberately keeping the number under wraps. your top people will never hear the truth from MNK,

there has been huge turnover on top of the layoffs.
    MNK lost the top rd's in the past year and has lost 4 dm's just in the past 6 weeks
    we are not exaggerating when we tell you that it's an unhealthy work environment.

they are most likely going to eliminate most of the MNK sales force but the way they are going about it is like nothing any of us has ever experienced.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for letting us know and filling us with all the details. Sounds outrageous and wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I'm very sorry to hear you have been put through all this. It's funny how these BIG execs can make these vicious decisions and if they were out in the field, I'm sure they couldn't sell one script.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the word vicious is a perfect way to describe the decisions.
    they handled the layoff with zero sensitivity. as a result they lost the engagement of each and every employee that remains.