Relocation package details?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2014 at 10:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A few relocation packages were offered to a small set of ACO people this week - anyone have the details?

Anyone know how they compare to the AWA relocation packages?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Either no one knows, or they're negotiating better terms...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most won't know for a couple more weeks. What was the AWA package?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Voucher for boxes and a $25 off coupon for a UHaul truck. Lodging in Newbury Park's fabulous Motel 6. And all you can eat Cheesy Bread at Ameci' Pizza and Pasta or one free In'N'Out Double Double.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's more than a 5% increase in Cambridge will get you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Throw in a free double dip at Baskin and Robbins, and I am on board!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would take a 50% increase in salary to get me to move to Cambridge. I'll take my chances staying in Colorado, and flip burgers before leaving this beautiful state. Besides, accepting a relocation offer would mean NOT getting the severance package...with the time I've put in, that's nearly a year's salary I'd be giving up, to move to a place with shitty weather, overpriced housing, and surrounded by assholes with terrible accents.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Free lifetime Dunkin' donuts.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! Thank you for the good laugh! 100% agreed! Can't stand those freaking liberals thinking they are above everyone else! Thank you but no thanks!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget; Boston, the most secretly racist city in the country.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatcha smokin'?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Insulting

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The truth

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And now there's another couple of days' delay before AWA and ACO find out where we stand. Just tell us already so we can turn down the relocation offer and get on with our RIF! I want my severance so I can find a new job; no offer is worth moving from the beautiful weather and affordable housing here in ACO to the traffic, overpriced and heavily taxed housing, and mean people in Mass.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, I'll be truthful. Been to CO. Nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there. I'd be bored out of my mind. I'm in the NY metro area, and couldn't live anywhere else.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relo packages dont seem to impress. Of the 12 or so R&D folks im close to with offers 10 said no fn way. One is definite but not happy. One without vtp said yes but appears to be recanting. Why take a huge cost of living hit with no clear to gain on the pay or science or life to work for a company that basically sucks? No thanks.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take it from one who has done that: don't do it.

1 - Amgen makes you pay a 2 year repayment agreement for $60k, plus. No company likely will buy that out, so basically you are stuck for 2 years.
    2 - Amgen can severe you at your new location and you are stuck across the country with year-round shitty weather, stuck with a house and ruder people in Bean Town. Why do you think Ben Afleck and Matt Damon live near LA?
    3- you'll lose money in the deal.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, you are an AWA whining baby ? You did nothing for the last decade and now whine about relo. In reality, you had an amazing deal with no state income tax to pay in contrast to your California colleagues and you still did not deliver to protect your job.....your relo will be a now way ferry ride to Bainbridge and a six pack of Rainier....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Colorado is not for sedentary people or for people who get winded just walking from the parking lot to their desk. And if your hobby is just spending money, probably you are right that you would be bored. I am from NYC and to me anything that is not Manhattan is not even NYC. Maybe Brooklyn, but I am Manhattan through and through. Still, Colorado, I would not mind living there... Long Winters of high-end skiing, Summers of mountain-biking or climbing... I'd love it... Unfortunately, it is a moot question at this point since the Colorado facilities are gone.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How anyone could be bored here is beyond me; there's literally EVERYTHING outdoorsy to do here, except for maybe surfing. And Denver and Boulder both have quite the night life. Football, baseball, basketball, and hockey teams all call the area home. Plus an opera house, a symphony, and a ballet. What more could you want?

Well, technically, the facilities will remain...and even the people will remain (at least, a large portion...details still to be seen) until the end of 2015. That's plenty of time to line up something new, and remain in an area that's (1) beautiful, (2) with great people, (3) has GREAT weather [don't let South Park fool you - more sunny days here than anywhere east of the Missisippi], and most of all, it's (4) affordable.

I can't agree with the above poster more; any package to relocate to ATO or Cambridge would have to be enormous to get me to move away from here.