Most Idiotic DM quotes

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2014 at 4:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This drug is too good not to write

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This rep is really good at his job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just wanna sell

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope that no district business manager ever said that to a doctor. Please tell us that you exaggerate to make a point.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So doctor , do you see many patients with diabetes?

I wish I was joking.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He did. The little troll just can't help himself. His other favorite is I won't settle for mediocrity. All the while working his novo yogurt shop on the side.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a terd new manager say to after one call (I purposely took the terd to the most difficult office in the territory to test him on our first field ride) say "your sales numbers are up here but your sales skills are down here"...

Watch out for the terds in this line of work because they will get you fired. Better to start looking if you have a terd in your mist...because there is no way to please a terd.

Trust me.

FU TERD.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We don't have a quality DBM training class here. It's a few weeks of blah, blah, blah didactics, and mostly on-the-job training. We could learn from industry leaders. But we won't.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How would you know about the training?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i picked out pancake nibblers from my rectum

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Joe Schmo over in XYZ territory is running hard with the ABC Study.
    Joe's over 100% attainment for Victoza.
    Therefore, if everyone does what Joe Schmo does, you will all also be over 100% attainment."

I can't tell you the amount of times that DBMs and RBDs fall for this crap.

They ask "successful" reps what their "secret" is and because the rep doesn't want to admit that it was pure dumb luck or a managed care win or their top writer thinks one of the reps is hot, they come up with some bullshit reason why they are doing well this POA, like "Well Jimbo, I'm really engaging in the Total Office Call and we're hitting 5 pharmacies a day and all's we do is use the PI on every call."

Next thing you know, the DBM or RBD mandates EVERY territory in their district or region do the same thing, believing that this is the fast track way to a COE.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! Exactly.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Freakin' pathetic. Totally ignoring the impact of payer formularies on our business. Yep, it's that one DCS that's able to take a study the doc has seen for 2 years, and craft a compelling message in 1 minute. That is what gets that DCS up over the hump!

Ya know, there's a reason that so many DBMs and RBDs end up scrambling for work after they get downsized. This is embarrassing.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's my wife's yogurt shop

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yours is an interesting point. It makes me wonder: do you think all reps have exactly the same talent or do you think the talent of the rep has no impact on his/her performance?

Just curious.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why you people put up w this stupid industry is beyond me. The money isnt even that good anymore. Its a high profile job that stinks......

and the people left are young dummies and old vets that are lazy...

thats the truth.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You first, if you please. Define "talent" in someone that spouts our PRB approved message in 50 seconds in a hallway four times a day, four days a week. What, some of us have a better memory than others? I aint buying it!
    "Talented" or not, we have far less impact than we did just a decade ago. I understand that this is what I do for a living, but I also understand what I read, and what I know to be true. Docs can check their device of choice for drug information, instantaneously. They didn't do that in the mid 2000s. Docs are tired of handfuls of reps from the same company coming in every 2 to 3 days, all saying the same blurb.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think there is a small degree of talent but it is washed out by the large amount of luck involved (look at COE last year - SoCal almost swept the board - is this because there are superior reps in SoCal compared to the rest of the country or because of a fortuitous formulary win that was not accounted for in the goaling process?)

I think we have a relatively high standard of rep here at NNI (despite what the trolls say) - but we really compete against each other, not against our competition.

I think if you did nothing in your territory, in the long run, results would show...but the fact is the vast majority of us do what we can to achieve results given all of the challenges we face. Sometimes that means you are left to influencing a small handful of doctors out of your entire call plan.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I think the issue here is that there's a difference between performing and hitting your IC goals. There are plenty of people who drive high shares and high growth, but don't win COE. COE is dependent upon how lucky you are to get an achievable goal. I think there are plenty of territories that are really similar to one another, but their share and share growth are completely different. In my mind, that's where talent shows itself, and I think it's very evident. Some people are really, really good, but most people are just OK.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this was 1995, we had no pods, and health plans had little impact on what our doctors could write, outsider consulting agencies (ZS Associates being one of them) would buy into your story. But they don't, and they are the ones being paid to determine head count next year. None of those scenarios exist today.

A. We don't have a lot of time to speak with our customers (WHEN we can see them), so we don't have much time to impact behavior.
    B. We can't really trash our competition as much as we should, because of the agreement we had to sign
    C. Pods, pods, pods. The age-old question once the industry went to this model: Which pod member is doing the best work, who is mediocre, and who is slacking? Or which combination of the above?
    D. I won't belabor the impact of PBM and payer formularies on what doctors can write.

Unless you travel the country and do unannounced field rides with reps and DBMs and interviews with doctors, how the HELL can you make that statement in your last sentence?