Diabetes Game Changer

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by Anonymous, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:06 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Not that this info is too surprising, but has anyone caught wind of the price of the upcoming diabetes game changer? The product is a great idea and is much needed for the target market. Too bad it will be stalled out of the gates by the choice to charge more than the market can bear. Honestly, how long can the decision makers keep making these ignorant mistakes and keep their jobs?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I assume you're talking about the mythical MySentry. How much are they charging for it?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The price doesn't really matter. There are so many unhappy RTS wearers out there now, what difference will this new piece of crap do. I don't see it being an issue. False alarms rule with the current system, now lets spread them around so others can hear them too.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My son has worn the sensor for almost 4 years now. It's not perfect, but it's better than not having one at all.

I've heard the rumors that reps are being trained on MySentry now and am curious as to how much it will cost. We can't hear the alarms at night for crap, so it will make a big difference for us.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really glad it works for your son. Almost everybody I see in a week who has used an RTS has stopped using them due to poor matching with the glucose machine they are using. False lows, false highs, I have heard them all. Seldom has anybody been happen. So we did what we were told, direct them to the Helpline....yet that didn't help either. Glad it works for your son. It doesn't work for most.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I think we're the only family at our endo's office who uses one. Between spotty insurance coverage and it being a...finicky device, I do understand why people give up on it. The helpline is really useless with it. We learned through trial and error. LOTS of trial and error. It really shouldn't take as much fiddling around with it as it does to get good results.

Unfortunately, the early reviews I've read of Enlite aren't much better. At least the needle is smaller.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If anyone cares, cash price for mySentry is $2400. Unbelievable.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is unbelievable. I would have been willing to pay twice that knowing my son is safe throughout the night. So glad I chose Medtronic and ignored the lies and sales tactics of Dexcom. The Dexcom rep in our area was always so pushy and bitter.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dexcim has superior CGM. Don't take my word for it, read posts on forums by users. Only advantage Medtronic has is insurance coverage.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! You are just like the moron Dexcum sales rep in my territory who uses blogs and forums as her sources. How about posting a minimum of two clinical trials that back up your claim. And if you discount the advantage of the MDT CGM communicating with a pump, you are even a bigger idiot. The sensor without a pump is like a car without a steering wheel. No need to cite a blog or forum, I can cite a dozen clinical trials on that claim.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen to your patients/customers. Attrition is high due to people dumping RTS for many reasons, accuracy is one of the biggest. "The sensor without a pump is like"...a Guardian.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have never and will never sell a Guardian for the very reason I posted above. The only noise level of accuracy is from Dexcum reps running their mouths without proof. If I continually called you a loser to your customers, eventually all your customers would think you are a loser. Your only advantage is smaller needle size and the fact that you give them away for free. Until your patient population is large enough to calculate a p-value, shut up! Or at least show a proof source for once in your life. The sad part is that I know the limitations of a Guardian/Dexcum system and you do not. You would sell crap in a bag if that is all you had. Wait! That is all you have. And remember who makes the jack here sister. We wipe our butts with your total comp!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You still don't get it. Look at the attrition numbers. Most of Medtronic patients go off sensor within two months. That's not the case with Dexcom. Patients stay on product with Dexcom.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post your numbers or shut up! Stop citing blogs and forums. I "get it". I get that you Dexcum reps have no data to prove what you say so you talk about MDT attrition numbers (which actual data you do not know or have).

"Hey doctor, althought I have ZERO proof, your colleagues are finding Dexcum to be more accurate. This is evident by the number of people who stop using their MDT sensors".

Really. How about "Doctor, the vast research we have at our fingertips at Dexcum demonstrate unequivocally that the Dexcum is superior to ..."

YOU HAVE NOTHING BUT EMPTY PROMISES AND SIMPLE OBSERVATIONS!

Hold on, I just wiped again with your week's wages! Post on your own board. Oh wait, your company of 200 employees has never been recognized to merit a board.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Dumb Ass.....I work in a clinic, not for Dexcom. We listen to our patients. They have nothing but bad reports about your sensors. The Medtronic rep comes around talking about studies, yet our own patients tell the true story. We listen to our patients. I know about attrition due to a friend who works for Medtronic not to mention all the patient we have that have tried RTS and went off. Word gets around. So unless you can live up to the fact that people don't stay on product, shut up with your lies. As for your pay, you are strictly an over paid talk a lot who pushes crap. The pump is outdated, it is the only device that communicates crap data. mySentry is an over priced loud alarm for the entire house to hear the bad data. iPro 2 is fine. Carelink Pro is great yet you screw the patients by making them see Carelink Personal. At least Dexcom does listen to what people say. Tandem does too.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, because you have extensive knowledge with Tandem and their reps also. Whatever! I wish I had someone like you in one of my clinics. A know it all who knows everyone and does no wrong.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh I never said I know it all, but I do know more than many. I wish you came into my clinic. I would discuss all the patients that came off RTS, stayed on their Revel, and switched to Dexcom. You know attrition stinks yet will not admit it. What are the current stats for the company now? 40%? Or has it gone down.