HR Interview -Prior to an offer

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Aug 19, 2014 at 1:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

30 minute HR interview prior to an offer?

Does anyone know what this entails?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just had mine. Basic questions. Nothing complicated. The call only lasted about 15 minutes.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks......good luck with your offer!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If HR calls you it means an offer will be made. I got mine after a week of my HR interview.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had my HR interview, background check, and drug screen. Haven't got the call for the job. Its been almost 2 weeks since HR interview which went well. Can't imagine they would have me do a background check and drug screen if they weren't going to offer me the job. This is for a NAM.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check the web site, looks like 80 rep jobs still open around the country.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also had had the HR interview/background check completed after flying to Chicago to interview. In the interview we discussed suitable training dates and I walked away confident that I was going to be selected. That was all a month ago. I did not receive a follow up call at all. I left the HR manager a message and the hiring manager a message so I could know what the final decision was. Nothing. No one ever called me back. I feel this is very unusual after flying out for the final interview and doing the background check. At least let me know something or return my call.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They flew me 2,500 miles for a final interview, also discussed training dates. Emailed HR and the hiring mgr as a follow up. No response from HR. Mgr finally responded a week later saying they hired someone else. That job is still listed on their site. No impressed with their follow-up or organization. I also did the HR interview after my final in-person interview.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be surprised by the lack of courtesy and consideration. This company doesn't give a rats ass about anyone unless you're making them money.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take this as a sign of what type of company Avanir truly is.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Down to only about 10 rep jobs open at this point.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interviewed w/ hiring mgr over the phone but didn't get any further. In regard to the company not reaching out to you to let you know you didn't get the job, it's not just Avanir. After getting downsized earlier this year, I've applied for several jobs and had anywhere from a phone screening to phone interviews to f2f. Haven't landed any of them and in pretty much all cases, like an idiot I waited a week, 2 weeks or more thinking they might get back to me to at least let me know I didn't get it. No one calls. If you are their choice, you'll know quick. If you're not, they expect you to figure it out. No one is going to waste the time to let you know. Unfortunate, but that is pretty much universal in my experience.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ive been in biotech/pharma since 1998 in many different positions from field sales, marketing, training, DM, sales ops and RM. At a rep level 95% of the time you will NOT receive a call back stating you did not get the job and not moving forward. This same practice has not changed since 1998 so why people continue to come on here and complain about this I am not sure. This practice is not unique to Avanir, Pfizer, Amgen, Biogen, Baxter, etcetcetc. They all do so I dont know why you are all surprised that it takes place. Is it wrong, yes. Should you already have the expectation it will happen again and again and deal with it yes. It is not a direct reflection of any specific company but of the industry and what their perception is of the pharma rep.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, of course any intelligent rep is going to figure it out after no response from an email to the direct hiring manager but it is still pretty unprofessional of the HR dept of the company not to get that simple standard email out to the "rejected ones" .

As far as Amgen and the other big pharma names you mentioned above.....so not true. They have the standard "you were not selected at this time" email. I have worked in HR of at least two of those companies and know this to be fact.

Sorry but U N P R O F E S S I O N A L

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These posts are being monitored. Removed...etc. HR has time for that but not simple communication. Really?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, of course any intelligent rep is going to figure it out after no response from an email to the direct hiring manager but it is still pretty unprofessional of the HR dept of the company not to get that simple standard email out to the "rejected ones" .

As far as Amgen and the other big pharma names you mentioned above.....so not true. They have the standard "you were not selected at this time" email. I have worked in HR of at least two of those companies and know this to be fact.

Sorry but U N P R O F E S S I O N A L

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As far as the big pharma names you mentioned above.....so not true. They have the standard "you were not selected at this time" email. I have worked in HR of at least two of those companies and know this to be fact. Regarding the actual hiring manager calling to say you have not been selected....I agree. They leave the dirty work to the HR dept....hence that standard email.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are wrong....all companies including Amgen etc have the standard "you were not selected" email up front telling you your resume submission was not selected and you will not be moving forward with any interview however one you have interviewed or go through a phone screen I have not seen or heard of one company that calls or emails sales rep candidates communicating to them that they are not moving forward in the interview process.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends on the company. Avanir many times won't even tell you why you've been fired!