Adempas Exodus

Discussion in 'Bayer' started by Anonymous, Aug 23, 2014 at 2:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any thoughts on everyone leaving? Seems like a risky move but clearly the Adempas group is run very differently than Bayer is in general.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It clearly is run differently - that's way20 reps took the first chance they got to get out

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bayer might be a challenging Big Pharma company, but at least they let their top peeps earn $250-300K for the launch. That is money that other companies will never put on the table. The grass isn't always greener by leaving!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a no-brainer. Money motivated people were hired to launch the product, they made their money and now moving on to greener pastures. Different philosophy from these "die-hard" Bayer for life posts. Attitude comes straight from the top from EC and JM. People fall into two camps with JM either they like him or they think he's an ass. Didn't bother me, but I was never looking to make Bayer a career. Heard they are now looking at non pulm people within Bayer. Complete shift in attitude as Bayer people for the most part seem to be worried about longevity. Rude awakening! You won't find it here, you perform or your out in the span of a few months. No long term drawn out HR plan.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20. Wow.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, 1/3 gone, BRILLIANT hiring and they're letting him do it again!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they were such bad hires, why did Intermune "target" these bad hires to launch a blockbuster new drug for IPF? It wouldn't make sense if they were that bad??

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a bit of a different situation. Intermune offered an amazing package to get these people. Even if you were happy at Bayer, that stock and sign on bonus alone was enough to get you out. Intermune also has a drug that will sell itself, unlike Adempas. Those two reasons are enough to cause this mass exodus.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of the ex Affymax crew, got a pass and got hired. Some of the ex Bayer crew were achieving poor sales results with Adempas. Maybe they will do better with InterMune.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true! If you were a poor performer and were unable to sell a good drug, it was easy to take the Intermune bait. Also, the Intermune VP was from Affymax and took his old cronies...even if they had poor results or little experience.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a look at the reps that left... The majority were in the top 10-15% of the Adempas salesforce. The culture at Bayer sucks, most of the management team sucks, and the IC plan is going to suck. Simple as that! Nobody was running because they had to! Intermune was just a better opportunity, even for the top performers!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were top performers, you could've capitalized on a new IC plan that is even better than the launch plan. Enjoy Intermune...I mean Roche...I mean unemployed in less than a year.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny how Actelion only lost one field rep (who was rumored to be on a PIP) to Intermune while just about everyone was recruited. I guess we really like where we work.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI...The new IC plan is nowhere nearly as good as it was at launch! Terrible culture is the primary reason most people left, not $$! Unless something changes, which is doubtful, more will leave!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IC Plan is still solid here for 6 months. During the launch, the sales force was told how well the Oncology reps did. Check out oncology board for feedback 2 years post launch.
    Bayer was a stop gap measure for many folks and an appealing drug/market for others.
    After several months of the culture and leadership, most folks realized this was a lucrative short term gig. At least 25% departed including many high performers. Several more will be poached later this month from other companies.
    It will be interesting who will replace the departed; WHC, Xarelto or the Merck partners?

Hang on until Oct 1 and cash in on another great IC check.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree, you don't lose that many people just because of money alone. The culture which comes from EC AND JM is terrible. InterMune made the same offer to reps at other companies and they weren't able to get so many takers. Exodus will continue as long as JM is in charge, but not my problem anymore!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try - what new IC plan? Poor communication, poor culture all a byproduct go poor leadership

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JM is all about making $$$ for the sales team and has gone to bat several times. He is a different breed but wants to win and cash in big time. What is wrong with that? EC leaves sales force alone and marketing has toned down their big pharm tactics. A good manager can shield you from that stuff. Not all managers do. I hear that one DM forwards every email related to sales, metric, rankings etc almost daily.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know of one more leaving at the end of this quarter. Does anyone know how the IC eligibility works? If here on the last day of the quarter, will they be paid the IC?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes... If you are employed on the last day of the quarter, you will receive the IC for the quarter. I have heard that several more are leaving as well. I think it's smart that all of the vacant positions are being filled by internal Bayer people... Will be cheaper for the company and they won't be looking for greener pastures. The other divisions are tanking so CP
    Looks pretty good! Smart move Bayer!