Relocation package details?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2014 at 10:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you serious...As great as it is to live here in CO you are going to have to relocate. There are very few of your jobs available.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so what is the average package? I know you get 2 months to find a place, they move everything etc, but what about your house? do they help you with that? how do I sell my house? anyone know?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I'm not a sedentary person (I work out), I don't care for sports. No skiing, mountain biking, hiking for me. Just not "outdoors-y". I'm very much into the arts (theatre, concerts, museums). Nothing beats Manhattan for all of that.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Use your words - ask our wonderful HR people call the 7-Help desk, option #6; who's going to give you details here?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what a jerk

I can tell you what I am taking the end of the year.

I will have 2 months to find a place (I think they used to put you up for 3 months?)
    I will get my flight and all of my belongings sent over, it is a one way ticket
    I will not take my car as I want to buy a smaller one
    I don't have a home to sell, as I rented but I do believe the package depends on your level?
    Take the relo when you can if it works for you and your family

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This seems like a rather crappy relocation package; I've had better offers from companies I've interviewed with, and I haven't even really started looking very hard. And I'm only at GCF level 4.

Sounds like I can easily say no to these offers next week.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bored? You just made it clear your activity level is zero. Thanks for eating more than your share of the food and boosting the obesity rate. We don't want you fatty.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where ya landing?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They feed you?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw that the AWA people got their packages on Thurs and Fri...what's the scoop?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PD in WA were getting their relocation packages/RIF dates on Thursday and Friday; then the axemen are going to CO on Monday and Tuesday. Packages must be pretty shitty if nobody
    is talking about the.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ACO were already offered relo packages (well at least certain dept) in a whole dept I know of only ONE person who is taking the relo and it is not to Cambridge or AML, but elsewhere...after hearing the relo specifications, I though it was pretty crappy.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, y'all turn up your nose at relo packages and the "mean people" in MA ( who BTW, approved same-sex marriage--not the bullshit civil union crap--long before the "nice" people of Colorado did). Stay in your moderately priced, moderately taxed homes. And when your severance runs out and your employment prospects dwindle......

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because they're liberal they're not mean? I think you have just proven the point!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ACO repo packages are pretty insulting IMO...unless you're at level 6 or higher, or are a team lead for one of the upcoming launch products.

Strictly lateral move, with no increase in pay, even though by their own admission it is 50% higher cost of living in MA compared to Longmont....so, to make up for that, a payment of 6 months salary spread over 4 years to help with mortgage. Plus they will move you, and pay realtors commissions on both ends.

Other than a promise of a job...that you're stuck with for two years, otherwise you have to pay it all back...its not at all an incentive to move across to the other side of Denver, let alone across the country. The only people I know who are thinking seriously about if are the product leads who are getting promotions and signing bonuses...maybe 3 people total will take the package, out of about 60 people who were offered.

There were also 3 or 4 offers to ATO, and a couple of pilot plant people offers to ARI, with idenical offers except the cost of living payment was lower...18 or 27% instead of 50% for the over-four-years payment.

Everyone else got RIF dates of dates of December of this yea,r or May or Dec 2015..

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this house near Cambridge is forsake cheap. Waiting for your offer.

Prosecutor: 3 babies' bodies found in filthy house
    The bodies of three infants were found Thursday in a filthy house where four other children were removed by authorities last month, a Massachusetts prosecutor said.