National Sales Meeting

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard any details on the national sales meeting in Orlando? I am really curious how they will determine award winners since we can't even view our sales #'s yet. (HS) This should be REALLY interesting this year.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this year's winners will be determined by octagon style cage match fighting against George Barrett. If you can make him cry or tap out, you win.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last place I want to be is Orlando the week of August 13th. Except for the Wounded Warrior Fund Raisers (a class act initiative over the years by Cardinal), this week will be a waste of time. The 4 hour awards ceremony is tedious (I've been honored in the past--but too long and too boring) and this year the winners may be arbitrarily selected based on popularity with their managers and the VPs rather than by accurate numbers (which won't exist). FY12 has been too much of a sales jumble to be accurate and how do you reward people in light of so much chaos with our numbers?. Hopefully I can blow off this year's ceremony coming down with a sudden case of leprosy, narcolepsy, or Rosenbaumitis...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This guy has turned into a complete bust. Go back to Teva loser!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can Rosenbaum get up there year after year. Listening to him talk or get pissed when no one is listening to him is so old. How many times do we have to hear him say if you are not on board, you better leave the organization. Everything he has ever presented has been a failure. Can you say zero credibility? Time for him to go away.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure they will treat us all like children. Scan in and Scan out.!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today, 03:02 PM
    Anonymous Posts: n/a

Re: National Sales Meeting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't been to a meeting in a couple of years after they moved my job position around the company. What's this with the scan in/scan out? What, are the name tags bar coded now?

Anonymous

#8 Today, 04:29 PM
    Anonymous Posts: n/a

Re: National Sales Meeting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you scan in when you arrive and scan out when you leave the vendor show with your name tag. Usually you also do the same at each individual vendor you supposed to go see according to your manager's instructions.

It has some value to the vendors as it's way for them to easly get the information on each sales rep that stops at their booth. Cardinal mangement likes it because they can track how long each rep is at the show and what vendors they visit. It's old school montering that's easy with big brother technology

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not sure I understand why they are wasting the money. Just pay me what I am owed and skip the hooplah!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nor do I want to attend the Orlando meeting--a consummate waste of time. Like this poster said PAY ME what you owe me for FY12--that's what I am most concerned about. July 20 pay out still not correct and perhaps we'll never know how we performed or what was owed us due to the catastrophe called MBT. Any "hooplah" at this meeting means nothing when you can't trust the sales numbers and you definitely can't trust your commission check.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: National Sales Meeting ( or how i wasted my time in Orlando)

I agree. Pay me! How many checks do you think MK, MR GB and the others have missed? ZERO!!! Big fat salaries make it easy to not worry about commish checks I depend on my commish checks to live a normal life. Not here for the stupid NSM meetings that NO oNe in there right mind wants to go atttend. It would have been nice if they delayed it and split the cost of the meeting with all the reps We are getting our asses kicked everyday by customers and now we have to pay back for CAH mistakes!!!
    And the 25% payback is bullshit. Why are we penaized for MBT mistakes?

How can they justify a meeting when no one knows where we stand?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: National Sales Meeting ( or how i wasted my time in Orlando)

The meeting was paid for last year so we go and endure the boredom. Bring your caffeine pills as I always do, or energy shots, as these meetings are generally a waste of time and put u to sleep quickly. Webex is all i need to stay abreast of things--and we endure a lot of these sessions, but better than Orlando in august. And you want to bet that the Cardinal 401k donation for FY12 performance will be maybe 1 per cent? Nice if they upped it to 2 or 3 per cent to compensate for the ruined year thay gave us with the disastrous MBT joke debacle--still a mess.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CAH just posted pretty good earnings for the fiscal year. Any thoughts on what George is going to add to our 401K? Another lousy 1-2%? Thoughts? Predictions?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good earnings? Do you even have a clue what you are talking about??? No wonder why the stock stinks with people like yourself who don't have a clue.

We are getting creamed at every level and business is moving away from us due to poor leadership.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The announced earnings a few days ago, according to the Street, were quite good. Yes, lots of poor leadership here, Duh--we all know that...I'm just looking to maximize what I get from CAH as a shareholder, in my pay check, and 401k before I leave in a few more months...5 years here is long enough as this company is killing my health and home life.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I seriously would like to see everyone stand up and boo at the NSM this year during the opening session. This year has been an embarrassment on many levels and a good old booing is what our senior mgmt team deserves if we are honest with ourselves.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with you as FY12 has been a SERIOUS embarrassment and no one in senior management will take the blame. Numbers still not correct in itrac so how will thery set quotas? Maybe we'll get quotas in November, or some arbitrary number skewed in management's favor. I will not display any anger or annoyance at NSM. I'll smile and behave as I continue my quest to get out. Have another interview the day before Orlando. Don't let the bosses see your anger, it can only hurt you. Take care of yourself and your family-and keep calm. My agenda is set as I can't change the mess at Cardinal. It looks good I'll have a better career elsewhere, and soon. Behave at the meeting-the bosses want to see happy, smiling faces-like mine. Sometimes a smile is just a frown turned upside down. I know what I need to do.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is going on with ambulatory care? Reps are leaving and others wish they could leave. The morale of the company is dismal at best. What is happening to a company that should be number 1? Do they think taking reps pay is going to help there bottom line, it sure doesn't incentivize a person. Did they inflate the numbers just so they could help there bottom line? Some say they are going to cut 25% of the work force and the kicker is you have to be engaged in the pharma program.....what program.... it sucks. Its sad to watch a company seem to loose sight of what makes a company successful, good employees.

This post is fro January of 2010! My how things have changed. Cardinal needs to dump this division. Just close it down.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Posting today in August of 2012, Ambu Reps are continuing to leave, or interviewing. I hear this same trend is infecting Nursing and Surgical, too. I am a Rep with one of these groups and hope to be gone shortly after the Orlando NBM pep rally. Can't make any real dough when quotas go up, GP goes down, and too many products in our bags are mere commodity items. Lowest price wins-not best sales pitch.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. The general managers are a bunch of jokers who are clueless about strategy and how to win. Most of the general managers do bunch of fancy powerpoint presentations and call it a strategy. Look for a different job and escape this company