Helmet system

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Jun 22, 2014 at 7:07 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are we discontinuing our helmet system? Who made the call on that one?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe because it's like all the other products in this category, embarrassing.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 reasons- because we have lost focus on this product line completely and there's a woman running the show who doesn't have a clue (How much damage does she have to do?)! These products take expertise, investment and time. We obviously have none of those! Kids are managing this line as Associates to cut their teeth. Who suffers? We do and our wallets! The shake up is fixin to happen any day now and hopefully it will eliminate these problem managers!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No maybe about, the changes coming will flush out some of these managers that should be janitors. The days of "who you know" are over! It's the final countdown to the reorg which will be in place within 3 weeks.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this the Zero? Or did you all come out with a newer one that is being axed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zero and Provision- the dinosaurs!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is like so many other product lines where DePuy just milked what they could get out of a system until it died. It wouldn't take that much of an investment to be competitive in this market. Stryker goes in and sells their space suits, cement, power, blades and other OR accessories as a bundle. Why do our product managers not understand we need to be able to offer our customers this? This is one reasons Stryker got HCA contract because they could offer all the other stuff. People should be fired for letting product lines die out instead of be competitive.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right they should be. But keep in mind these incompetent managers can't fart without upper management approving it. They've told a good story. I believe they have no knowledge in the area and many more and the easy route is to eliminate them. Management buys into it becauses sales are down. They don't dig in deep enough to understand the reason sales are down. It's unfortunate but it's been in the works for some time.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know any other companies that have a helmet system? I would like to pick something up to offer my customers instead of handing business away.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares if the helmet system is discontinued? Personally I think all the products in this category are shit. I don't sell it or any other "ORCA" products for fear of ruining my Recon business. I've had so many complaints about cement that it takes too much of my time to defend it. To hell with that!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think DePuy let this category of product go for the most part but there are a few good products. The mixing bowls and towers work pretty well. The only time I have had issues with bone cement is when I brought it in for a case. If a facility doesn't own it I make sure it is there the day before and I haven't had any issues. These are really the only products you can sell out of there.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously you or your customers haven't been reading the MAUDE product complaints. That'll scare you shitless.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is going on with the Maude and ORCA