Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

Discussion in 'Baxter' started by Anonymous, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well i was wondering when the checks would come too, but the i re read the packlet, the first page of the packet, 2nd paragraph. It says that we will get it on or before Dec, 31st. As long as I know its coming im ok.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are 59-1/2 and older there is no extra 10% federal tax penalty for taking the money. If you don't roll this money into a qualified tax deferred account (i.e. 401(k) etc.) within 60 days of receiving the money, the government takes 20%. Also, if you roll it into an IRA, etc. and are 59-1/2+ you can withdraw money from it without the federal tax penalty, you just claim it as income and lose any interest it would've made. With interest rates almost zilch, you're not losing anything. I've already discussed all this with my bank where I will be depositing into a retirement account and I also fit the senior category.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I called this morning and she said the first bunch were mailed today and the rest of the checks will be mailed on Monday (Xmas Eve). I asked if she knew which mailing I was part of and she said no.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the federal government takes an additional 10%.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got mine today. Cashed it and am heading to a strip club for its annual Christmas Party. Happy Holidays.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The fed takes 10% if you're under 59-1/2 and don't roll into a qualified retirement fund.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is this for real?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want MY money and I want it now!!!!! Sell Mortimer Sell!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just called they said checks tentatively going out this Friday the 21st, should receive by 12/31.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok what day were the checks or were the checks mailed.terday Someone postted that they said that the first batch was mailed yesterday and the 2nd batch would be mailed on the 24th.

Today they are saying that the checks are going to be mailed on the 21st.
    This is just totally absurb, what.................
    do they just say whatever is on their mind when someone calls to inquire about the checks?????

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^^ Must have been a janitor with that spelling!^^^

IDK what you were trying to get across in the first part of that, but I heard that they would be going out on the 21st (tomorrow) and the 24th.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i dont get the secrecy. why cant they look up our account and tell us when our checks are being mailed?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with you. It seems like it would much easier for them to tell you when your check would be mailed instead of getting the same calls day after day asking the same questions.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe they don't know the exact date? What sense does it make to keep it a secret or lie. They said we will receive it by December 31st. Chill.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

uh because they keep giving everyone the run around and nobody knows for sure, some of us really need that money so keep your chill comments to yourself. and secrets and lying is baxters way.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gonna invest in silver and gold- its down now but will comw back up.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As real as the dancer's boobs.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not know who everyone is talking to at the benefit center because every time I call it is always the same thing. You will have your check by the 31st. I asked today if he knew if the checks had been mailed and he said no he had no information on that issue.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am hopeful I will receive it today and they already started the mailing process on the 20th as I was told. Has anyone called State street bank and trust co in Mass? I was told they are coming from this location going to start calling them.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me sum this up...

"I got mine next week. I checked the postage mark and it said the check was mailed Dec. 21st (Christmas Eve). As promised, it got here by the 31st so I had plenty of money to spend on Christmas next week the 26th."

Confused? Good because reading this message boards for info about when you're getting your lump sum payouts just shows that you're the class of people that deserved the layoffs you most likely received. If you banked Christmas on Baxter coming through with checks they said you would receive before the 31st, you deserve the disappoinment.