Hcv positions

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Apr 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were they all filled internally?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes although Hepatitis C experience was listed as preferred the hiring managers have plenty of top performing internal candidates.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is another gaffe in a long line of mistakes by BMS. Experience in hcv matters, especially when the drug will cost around 80k. Huge mistake.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate much?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you know the price? Unless you a senior executive or marketing lead you don't.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. I'm SO tired of these morons posting blatantly wrong info, undermining the credibility of this website!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am upper management. Trust me, I know the price. I also know I wanted more people with hcv experience. I'll be leaving this mess soon.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm currently working in HCV and got a mysterious voicemail from a recruiter for a job that I'm thinking sounded like it might be BMS. I got burned once so I'm curious what you're being told on the inside about the longevity of this position?
    Thanks

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should be at least 4 years based on the combo with other anti-HCV meds. Have you heard otherwise?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having years of HCV experience and looked at the data over the past year, I am comfortable joining the company. Face it, Gilead and Abbvie will duke it out for the lion share while BMS is comfortable having less reps with bigger territories and operating more strategically. There are and will continue to be plenty of HCV pts, especially since heroin use is rampant and the spread of the disease isn't going to slow down for the foreseeable future.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read EASL updates and talked to some of docs doing studies. Looks like late 2015 will be latest.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we all need to be very skeptical of "mysterious calls/voice-mails from recruiters"... there are solid recruiters doing good work out there, and there are scammers looking to have a conversation with anyone in the industry...it has been shared, and confirmed. If they called you because they know you are in HCV...they scour Linked in and indeed etc for resumes and see our credentials... they could very well be claiming to have a position that they are "currency screening potential candidates" for, but in fact the shady ones are looking to fill out a competitive landscape report for their client. Always make sure the recruiter is legit. Check out their website for specific postings they are looking to fill and names of prior companies where they have placed professionals...if they are vague and claim it is "too early to share their client" and have no real specifics on the position, best to be vague in return. Unless you wan to be unknowingly quoted as a source in one of their reports.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Daddy

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No call back yet. Anyone else?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

really? You think these HCV jobs are for a year only? You're crazy

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is anyone paying attention to the hiring process? The start date for most joining won't be until July 1st so external offers won't be rushed except for candidates that might be lost to abbvie which happens to have a similar start date.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. I was told the managers would prefer internal hires or traditional pharma (Pfizer, etc.) because the biotech reps tend to be more compliance risks.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're full of shit

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the deal? Jobs were posted march 21 and are still open? These are good opportunities so why no call backs? ?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

most positions are filled and the rest are about to be filled. sorry