Orencia update - from big Bobbie

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2014 at 3:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

for those of you who don't have outside opportunities currently available in your area don't despair. we are about to make your life unbearable.
    in an attempt to undo the incredibly stupid mistakes of me predecessors, I am going to ratchet up the pressure for you. I will start by getting rid of the RBDs - after all, why would I want to listen to anybody who might know something about this market. secondly, I will reduce your territory, enabling you to know make the 8 calls a day that is the industry standard. in doing so, I will increase the need for lunch and learns. now you will need to do 5/week instead of our previously mandated 3 (shhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell compliance). also, I will measure you on your ability to annoy the shit out of your doctors versus your sales cause I realized this would make up for the deficit created by the piss poor forecasting of the r*****s in sales ops. we r saving a shitload by not paying you losers bonuses for the MILLIONS each of you are making this company. and the cool thing is, no one within BMS is smart enough to notice that the sales people with the lowest market share are making the most $ in this division. that keeps it fun fur sure! all of these measures will ensure I have plenty of time to practice for my next speech on stage in front of all - god knows I need it!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He will be a great choice to document the "improvement" in our VA system.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's just get rid of the anyone with any experience. Then we can start over fresh. That's how you make a market leader fresh.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BV is a good guy, get off his case. No matter who they stick in here someone is going to complain, keep your head down and work hard.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

u r brutal, man! but now that you mention it, was he sick that day or was that a panic attack on stage?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To all the perfect people posting here: assuming you do go out of your house and make 2 subpar b.s. sales calls a day and fake another 2-4 for that day.....r u perfect every call, better yet have you ever had a bad day or off day in general?

Seriously peeps never judge someone, til you walk in there shoes!
    This is not about BV as I could care less about the names of people, rather just me asking people to have a little more humanity. Besides our pay checks are getting cashed so why all the hate?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have fun calling on primary care in order to have more targets.... That's where this is headed. Trust me.
    And the way to correctly reference the two new leaders is "JBob" from now on....
    This Orencia thing is over here. Wake up. It's been 9 years this coming December since approval and what have they done? No profitable indications of any kind. What the hell have they been doing? Residents are still coming out of training having never used Orencia. That's unacceptable. Folks. It's too late to course correct at this point. All that remains as a method of getting business is to beat and threaten the hell out of the sales force. It's what all companies do when they realize they can't figure anything else out to get more sales. They have no clear answers on how it will be corrected to become a billion$ drug. It should have been a bil$ years ago but they have repeatedly blew it. Terrible shame. Amazing drug. Should have been 2bil$ by now. Very sad.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many in sales defected to other divisions or left the company since JBob came to town?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least a dozen ran to oncology. Plus look at all the people who went for the arm jobs. Did oncology and the arm positions just all of the sudden look "exciting". No. CP started the beating festival. He really believed that fear and threat of job loss kept people hopping. Well he was right. People "hopped" right out of the division. Just watch. Every Friday a new resignation is being delivered. There has been a steady stream of folks resigning every week. This Friday will be no different. Look for at least two top talents to say goodbye this very Friday. Promise you I am Right.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truth hurts, huh?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad day? Are you f@&%ing kidding me? Bad career you idiot.
    What kind of supposed leader comes in knowing nothing of his division and alienates his entire salesforce and management? HE is the one who needs to go back to learn leadership 101. And presentations skills.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truth does hurt, doesn't it-prick!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bobbie is only doing what he is told to do and that is to manage activity. That is what he is good at and that is why he was brought in. There are no plans to be competitive with managed care or government formularies because the product is too old with 1 indication. Smart people know this and are getting out.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Someone forgot to take their Ambien.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget that they are basing their decisions on alot of bad data from sales ops. Then sales ops comes up with more brilliant metrics to measure your "execution" based on that same bad data. Then sales ops tells leadership that we are a bunch of whiners and spend too much time trying to get them to correct the bad data. Then sales ops also wants us to forget about millions of dollars of sales data which THEY decided to exclude, which affected bonuses, rankings, Pinnacle and warnings. Then sales ops tells CP and JBob that the sales force is lazy and should make more calls per day..............And JBob wonders why there are so many defections. More to come this week.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that jbob are starting to understand that what some of the long time insiders have told them about the crappy sales force may not be quite so true. JH might be seeing through the insider rhetoric that has plagued this division for a long time. If this is true then the question becomes is she too late.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Food for thought:

"Failing organizations usually are over-managed and under-led"

- "Leading Light", The Economist August 9, 2014

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beautiful.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here it comes... Nice neat districts in the east. Ridiculous layout for the rest of the nation. But everybody has the "same" potential so it's fair. Small territories with lots of IM & primary care targets (who will never do biologics) for all the reps. Oh yeah - and an IC program that still wants to measure this one product as 2. And a year later, when sq market share growth isn't where it's suppose to be, they will right size this division.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New DM positions posted. Some where we have never had DMs