RSM - resurfacing

Discussion in 'RS Medical' started by Anonymous, Oct 15, 2014 at 2:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That douche Konsin is on the BOD. We should man the life boats now for sure.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow this thread is as dead as Konsin's career!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Talk about a narrow focus. As I see it, the people who really knew and understood VA business are looong gone. Just getting an approval to do business means little. They seriously underestimate what it takes to be successful in this segment. Many dept's have budgets and they are small. RS went into this thinking VA is an open checkbook and they'd swipe the VA credit card ( I was there for the rollout in '10 -'11). Reality is that budgets are small, very controlled and the vendors VA has been working with have been there for decades. Relationships like that are almost impossible to break into. The existing vendors know the quirks and people very well....what will RS offer that the VA can't already get from a known-source? They might be able to exploit a few cracks here and there, but serious presence..doubtful. As for the Medicare "problem", Rick is a day late taking his company back. RS has ALWAYS been overly aggressive and not willing to play by MCare rules. Reps were encuraged to circumvent the process and the inside ppl were complicit. Medicare is a very good payor, a reliable payor. BUT, you must play by the rules. So that means no breaking up the device into components to bill them out individually, no auto-shipping pads without patient need, no fit-n-bill TENS. The TENS biz is drying up, period. But, there are still avenues for a profit, and a 2-visit rule has been the rule for years. Big deal. Visit one get s the intitial RX and fitting. Next visit gets a CMN and renew script. I do 12 +/- a month and can't remember the last time I had a denial, if ever. Stop placing on Lumbar spine. I tried to drive that into managements head for a year. Dr will find another body part that is allowable, so run with that. Management IS the problem here. Out of touch, slow to react, scared to speak. Managers who were products of the old ways trying to help AM's grow under rules they don't understand. How many AM's STILL out there fitting without licenses? Talk about short-term myopia. Compensationn needs to be re-thought. The ETC is just wrong for this climate. It encourages fraud and prevents change because there is not incntive for reps to do the right thing or change their methods because they are compensed on ding things the wrong way. Common, Rick, it's the ninth inning and you're 3 runs down with a weak lineup. Time to make some good decisions. That starts wiith talking to the REPS and learning what is going on at street level.