Cook GI and Endoscopy

Discussion in 'Cook' started by Anonymous, Sep 16, 2005 at 10:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have an upcoming interview. I'm assuming that this division is similar to the others I've read about on this forum...base around $60 with maybe a 5k bonus potential? Is that bonus broken up quarterly or do you just get it at the end of the year? Does GI and Endoscopy carry a pager?

I want to get into device and out of pharma. I make about 65k in pharma. Do bigger device companies hire reps from Cook that do well? Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are spot on about the money. You can get hired out of there...it happens often. Good luck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry about the pager. Mine hasn't gone off in the last 8 months but my sales are okay. Depends on your division.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know about the open position in the Coluimbus, OH area? I saw an ad in the newspaper last week for a GI position so I sent an e-mail requesting a return receipt but never got one. I have been trying to track down the manager for this position. Any help would be appreciated!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone know about the open position in the Coluimbus, OH area? I saw an ad in the newspaper last week for a GI position so I sent an e-mail requesting a return receipt but never got one. I have been trying to track down the manager for this position. Any help would be appreciated!!!

[/ QUOTE ]You're not trying hard enough, check out the 'Midwest Recruiter' thread below this one, he's your guy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, I already checked that out. Thanks though!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm currently making around 100K with a cardiovascular device company. I'm assuming I shouldn't waste my time with this sales position?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will never make that much with Cook. Ever.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is a normal sale, what is a large sale, what is a small sale? How does this compare to BSC, ConMed, etc.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Normal territory sells between $2 and $3 million per year, at least in D&I, the largest division of Cook. BSC, Medtronic, Cordis are the "big boys" where you can make more bonus but Cook has a lot less pressure, free company car, etc.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll make around 110k as a territory manager, not a regional. It is not the usual for sure.
    Pretty good division, lots of good people, products, and lots of turnover. It is what it is.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not even remotely true. very, very few even see 80k...
    just quit them recently.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't get it...Cook GI products are good quality, why the crappy pay and high turnover?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in the final stages of the interview process, meeting with the national manager shortly. any thoughts as how i should prepare

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NSM interview should just be a rubber stamp. Treat it like any other interveiw but be realistic in your pay expectations, ie, don't ask. Great products, most of the managers are fine, lifestyle is fine, but you are basically working on salary. National trip is now every other year or even every three years, next one is, hold on, in Tennesee. Gone are the trips to luxurious beach resorts in Mexico.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview for the endoscopy sales and was wondering i don't have device sales but have 3.5 yrs B2B and 2yrs light pharma. how much of a disadvantage is this going into the interviews

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rob wants to see that you are confident, smart and eager in the interview. Focus on your strenghts and what you can bring to the company. Be prepared to answer questions that he has...i.e if you don't have a med or pharma background. Good luck!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you already have an interview, then you must of pleased HR. After that, it's up to the Regional Manager and what we wants out of reps in his territory.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you already have an interview, then you must of pleased HR enough. After that, it's up to the Regional Manager and what we wants out of reps in his territory.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Despite the fact the last few morons didn't notice that you posted 4 years ago. Where did you go after you left Cook?