Thunderbeat

Discussion in 'Gyrus' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TB is a bag of shit product, and the reps have ZERO clinical acumen.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thunderbeat works just fine and is probably faster than Ligasure, although we're talking about 1 or 2 seconds (not exactly a huge difference). The deciding factor has been Olympus giving free generators and dropping their pants on the price of disposables...easy come, easy go for hospitals. Will wait to see how that plays out long term, after 3rd generation Ligasure devices hit the market.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kinda quiet all of a sudden...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thunderbeat does a lot more than just speed against ligasure and harmonic. OverHeard surgeons talk about using the device as a normal lap instrument as well.

I am in theatres a lot and yes i did sell a range of lap instruments in my time so understanding when a new insteument being used. Surgeons mention it is a better sealer than enseal and ligasure. Havent had the need to redo a seal.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are selling against them you are going to be in for a treat!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we can all agree Enseal is a piece of shit, but nothing seals "better" than Ligasure. That said, TB may be just as good. I've seen it used a few times, and it works nicely. If the rep isn't there to set up the generator, it's a shit-show and the doc will use something else. When the rep is there, listening to him try to explain how all of the energy modalities work is entertaining. Also, I've seen several devices burn through the Teflon pretty quickly.

7. #107 Anonymous, Aug 8, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016 at 9:37 PM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is 100% correct and I'm unbiased - I work for Gore.