MONOVISC

Discussion in 'Depuy Mitek' started by Anonymous, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GET READY TEAM MONOVISC GETTING LAUNCHED!!! SALES MEETING AZ!!
    WE"RE BACK!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you honestly think that a HA product means that you're back, then either you are deluded or Mitek is finished!

What has gone wrong? When I first entered Sports-Med, you were the guys that dominated the shoulder market, now the best you can come up with is a Hyaluronic Acid product. I'm sure that your marketing team will provide you with loads of evidence and studies on a goat or some other creature and that will "prove" why Monovisc is going to be the next answer for OA.

Best of luck.......you'll need it!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will need lots of luck. The orthos do not like single injection HA products. It is painful for the patient, too much HA landing in the synovial cavity, and the surgeons make less revenue in injection fees.

Hard Sell. Good Luck!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point, nutard. If only Orthovisc had a multiple injection option. Geesh!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Back" meaning in the HA arena. Docs don't like single injections..evidently someone forgot to tell Synvisc since they have made billions off of theirs.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Orthovisc was the worst HA on the market until this was released..was was denied 510K multiple times by FDA and is only product on market including orthovisc that has shown in studies to be less effective than saline. Only thing to be worried about is them dropping their pants on price.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like someone's bitter over lost market share..

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please post the link to this study. Don't think I'll hold my breath waiting..

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Says in 510K that Monovisc couldnt even show it was better then saline so they had to compare it to orthovisc to get approval.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's the comp plan look for guys/gals only selling the the early intervention products? Can you make decent coin? In a major metro area.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No $ in EI especially w/ Mitek. Distributors are the only ones making money.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All depends on your agency. In Houston and San Antonio we do very well off of the EI platform.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't really matter - sales now over $22million per quarter. Zimmer only wishes our product was headed toward $100 million. Access and relationships in sports is what matters. You guys have it, hands down.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Half of my paycheck comes from EI. Wouldn't have stuck it out if it wasn't for OV & MV.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HOW MUCH BUSINESS WOULD BE LOST IF INJECTABLES WERE TAKEN AWAY FROM THE DISTRIBUTORS AND THEIR SALES FORCE?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Over 1/2 of our business comes from 2 huge accounts,3mil.That would go first.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What % are you making?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Less on the single,more on the triple.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My comp has been fair with OV/MV. We also have a lead rep manager that gets a cut. If my distributor yanks OV/ MV from me I'm gone that day. If it wasn't for OV I would have never stayed during the many FMS, VAPR and numerous supply issues last year. Without me Arthrex and Smith and Nephew can have it all.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How much can I make in this position with Depuy? I know it varies by territory but are we talking something like 80K max or closer to 120K?

I would like to know here before I start asking around in my territory and raise questions of why I"m looking at another products.