InVentiv recruiters are the WORST

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by Anonymous, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Victoria is my recruiter. I have sent her numerous emails left multiple VM's and she has not responded once. The sad thing is that I have heard similar stories about other recruiters. I can understand they may not be able tell us any insider info., but cant they reply (even with a generic reply) that they are aware you exist.
    Our company has really lost touch with their only asset THEIR PEOPLE!!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I AGREE!! Their rude not to even respond. I have the same problem and I'm displaced. I've made several phone calls and sent emails. Is there anyone to speak to about this problem? There must be somebody in charge of recruiting. It is if they control your chance of any opportunity.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess it depends on where you are. I have Carl Schott as my recruiter. It has never taken him more than 30 minutes to get back to me either by phone or voicemail. He has coached me on interviews and been very supportive. He has placed me on two contracts already and I am working with him to be placed on my third. So from what everyone is saying it sounds like those of us in Florida are very lucky!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess I'm lucky too. I have Maria Ontrovirez (I know I spelled the last name wrong) and she is great.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just can't understand why a simple one sentence email every other week saying that there is nothing for the moment, but if something comes up, she will be in touch. Even a group/mass email would be better than be ignored.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have had Barbara Cutts in the past. She is extremely nasty.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the reason they dont call back is because they have no news for you. Meaning get the clue and keep applying to jobs on career builder.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is not always the case. Some postings you can not touch base with them.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely do NOT stop attempting to contact them and keep your name on their mind. Even if they aren't calling you back, even if they are rolling their eyes and saying..."Oh,no! It's him/her again?"... they are still being reminded that you're out there and you want and need a job! The "Squeeky Wheel" rule definitely applies here! Those of you who say "oh, well, they must not have anything for me..." will be passed over!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's the nice recruiter out of NC? She shot me the "Beaver" during my 1st interview and has kept an eye out for me ever since.

Jack Spraat (the nimble one)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you compare the job postings on careerbuilder.com to the ventive web-site job postings you will see that they just don't jive. Every Saturday ventiv has job posting on careerbuilder.com but most of them are not even available. They really are fucked up. It looks like new postings but they really are not.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kind of like the non-signature calls?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Southeast has very good recruiters. They are responsive provided you have a good relationship with them. Other parts of the country are not so lucky...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those job boards are misleading - if you want to know what inVentiv is working on - then reference the inventiv website - the recruiters themselves control what is posted there. The job boards have some kind of technology that pulls the openings off the inventiv site but then there is no way to cancel or delete them once they have been filled or cancelled. So you might see a new posting on careerbuilder that is really not valid - could have been filled 4 or 5 day s before - sometimes weeks ago. Again - this "problem" is created because the job boards always want to seem like they have a million jobs in order to generate candidate traffic which is how they attract advertisers that pay the bills - is that too much information? Bottom line is that inventiv has nothing to do with that!

Check the openings at www.inventivhealth.com - that is the best source

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She just never calls back and never tells you they went with someone else or even if the position was filled or not...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for sharing, at least we know that you are in one of 3 states in the nation. What contract are you going for? Maybe I can help...I have used Victoria in the past and she is fantastic in my opinion. ALWAYS gets back to me, follow up is great, and answers all my questions.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I for one am so glad someone posted this. I was getting sick of all the threads touting how wonderful Ventiv is on replacing reps, etc. I was displaced from the Sanofi contract and my "wonderful" erm was promoted to one of the GT5 DSM spots, so you can imagine how much help she was. My recruiter, Tammy Booth, still has yet to call me. I didn't even try to get placed again with Ventiv, their customer service is really lacking. They were not looking out for us AT ALL with the sanofi contract, just kept feeding us bs. Got another permanent position with another pharma company and have already gotten more communication and better treatment in the TWO DAYS I've been on staff. Ventiv is just going to look after the Big pharma they partner with NOT THE REPS. Wake up, people.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really...I had her too. But I really had a different experience. She updated me and was really nice to me when I did not get a position. I found her more helpful than most other ones I have spoken to in the past.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somebody email their recruiters with the link to this thread on CP with a generic email address an let them read about the lack of follow up. Maybe some of them will get a target on them an canned.