A Perspective From a New 11/4/13 Hire

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by Anonymous, Jun 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, I have enjoyed working for Lundbeck since sign-on on 11/4/13. I have a great manager. But, there are areas that need to be addressed. Here is a list of concerns:

(1) Takeda gets paid on ALL Brintellix Rx's in a territory, while the Lundbeck rep does not

(2) The primary address has caused problems. For example, Dr. Jones has 2 offices in different territories. Only the rep that has the primary address will get credit for Rx's generated within their geography. The rep that does not have the office listed as the primary address, has no bonus motivation to walk in the door.

(3) Forced ranking-- you are compared and ranked against all reps within Lundbeck. If something is really clicking with docs that you are doing in your territory, why would you share it with other Lundbeck reps selling Brintellix?

(4) Poor access to 5 mg samples

(5) Terrible managed care coverage.

(6) Takeda is definitely controlling the launch and the product. We can't even get co-pay cards for God's sake!

(7) The Brintellix sales goals are ridiculous. I can't even imagine how bad T3 goals will be.

I like the company and management. The above list should be addressed, especially #1 and #2. Morale is starting to be adversely effected. Just my 2 cents guys.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck with that. We on the Alpha side were sold a big ole pipe dream on pretty much everything you listed and much more. Disillusioned and defeated at this point. We are nothing more than a 3rd rate contract sales force for Otuska. For more than a year we all hoped things would get better, but they have just continued to get worse, beyond what anyone could have imagined. We Are (not) Lundbeck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The OP's list covered a lot of important problems, none of which, I am afraid, will be addressed. Alpha has a lot to worry about starting next year with the Alkermes product. Beta was misled as well, but I guess we all shouldn't be too surprised. Oh well, it could be a lot worse I guess. Much worse.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

--I believe in Lundbeck but we go into bed with a dog with fleas with Takeda and I agree morale is being affected.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why should you get paid on all Brintellix RX in your territory and not just your targets? Are you the one going in and selling this to the PCP's that are writing? I didn't think so, quit trying to ride the coattails of your Takeda reps.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen, dumbass, the Takeda reps DO get credit for ALL psych Rx's, even the ones that they DON'T CALL ON!! Before you comment, know what in the hell you are talking about!!!

Now, one more time so you will REALLY understand, Takeda reps get credit for ALL psych Rx's (even from MD's they don't call on!!!!!!!), and they get credit for ALL PCP Rx's too!!!! Lundbeck reps deal with the stupid Primary Address bullshit, and we only get some type of pool BS credit for PCP Rx's, NOT DIRECT CREDIT FOR PCP Rx's!!!

Idiot.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The person who wrote the above is obviously ignorant.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You slapped that beeotch upside the head with your spot on explanation of how Beta is getting screwed! Good job!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Originally Posted by Anonymous
    First, I have enjoyed working for Lundbeck since sign-on on 11/4/13. I have a great manager. But, there are areas that need to be addressed. Here is a list of concerns:

(1) Takeda gets paid on ALL Brintellix Rx's in a territory, while the Lundbeck rep does not--**
    I'm not too concerned about this as I don't want my goals to reflect the doctors in primary care that Takeda reps call on.

(2) The primary address has caused problems. For example, Dr. Jones has 2 offices in different territories. Only the rep that has the primary address will get credit for Rx's generated within their geography. The rep that does not have the office listed as the primary address, has no bonus motivation to walk in the door. --**This is a problem but similar to above if the doctor isn't in your target list then your incentive comp wasn't built using them in the goal. So no harm here.

(3) Forced ranking-- you are compared and ranked against all reps within Lundbeck. If something is really clicking with docs that you are doing in your territory, why would you share it with other Lundbeck reps selling Brintellix? --**this is news to me. Didn't know we were being forced ranked. It is a disincentive to share best practices. This isn't inline with Lundbeck philosophy.

(4) Poor access to 5 mg samples. --**just as we carry two studies that Takeda doesn't, we should carry the 5 mg samples. As specialty reps we should have them.

(5) Terrible managed care coverage. --**Totally agree. Now that doctors are agreeing that BTX is a great treatment option, I'm getting the prior auth denials presented to me. Denials--not just high co-pays.

(6) Takeda is definitely controlling the launch and the product. We can't even get co-pay cards for God's sake!--**Agreed. And there is a disconnect between the what the Takeda RDs are telling our RDs and John and what is being pushed by the Takeda district managers to their field reps. The violation of our operating agreement is rampant.

(7) The Brintellix sales goals are ridiculous. I can't even imagine how bad T3 goals will be.--**Takedas are worse hence the desperation of their reps and managers re6)

I like the company and management. The above list should be addressed, especially #1 and #2. Morale is starting to be adversely effected. Just my 2 cents guys.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure Lunebeck would love to give you credit for all those PCP's and I'm sure you would love to have the goals that go soon with it. Be happy ou don have those goals bc the majority of AD meds are written in the PCP'S.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting, but a flawed analysis at best. Let's look at it shall we.

#1I am not sure at all that the Takeda's reps goals include the Psychs, in fact, I don't think they do.

#2 The doctor in the example given, IS in MY target list. So why would I call on him and the other Lundbeck get the credit?

#3 We re most definitely force ranked! Have you not seen the data?????????? Reps are ranked numerically from #1 to the bottom. Strange you have missed this.

#4 We both agree on the 5 mg sample "problem"

#5 We agree again

#6 We also agree on this

#7 Takeda's goals being "worse" than ours has nothing whatsoever to do with our goals. 2 wrongs don't make a right, as the saying goes.

I really like my manager, and I have also been impressed with all of Lundbecks's managers. The Takeda reps despise the company and it's management. They manage by fear and not by respect. A surefire receipt for problems!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with YOUR analysis except for your take on #2, which is obviously uninformed and overly simplistic. We have all sorts of issues with this, for instance, a doc may have his primary address in your terrotory while he spends most of his time in MY territory. We even have situations where a doc shows up on the BI for two different reps while having a primary address in only ONE of those reps' territories even though he spends equal amounts of time in both territories.

Your love for Lundbeck senior management obviously has not been affected by the several instances of bait & switch tactics they pulled on us earlier on. Mine has! I also work for a very unethical DM who is very lazy and shows zero leadership ability. My Takeda counterparts, on the other hand, LOVE their DMs who appear to be very supportive and nurturing.

On the whole, I am VERY unimpressed with Lundbeck as a company. I was initially impressed, but once we (Beta) were fully onboard, things started going downhill very quickly.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's simple. If I don't get credit for someone I don't call on them. Case closed. Let he rep that gets credit call on them. Even if it means they need to call on them i my territory.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is something Lundbeck needs to address. I agree, if I don't get credit, I don't go in.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is exactly right. If we had all those PCPs our goals at Lundbeck would be astronomical. Be glad your only held for psychs.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no way the Takeda reps goals includes psychs! Yet, they get credit for the Rx's the psychs generate.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you possibly think that Takeda's goals do not include Pych potential? They have Psych targets which do include their potential in their goal!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They need to cut the Brintellix goals across the board at least 20%, for ALL reps/DM's. Even those that are hitting goal and are way over. You can't just lower the goals for those that are not hitting the number and penalize those that are. Or, give everyone an equal lump sum amount. If they can't do it for T2, then they should for T3.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait until you see the T3 goals. They look like this:

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    ||
    |||
    |||
    |||||

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All valid points. Let's see if they address ANY of them.