Old Otsuka

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by Anonymous, Aug 9, 2014 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to work for Otsuka 10 years ago. Just reading through these posts and threads, It's amazing to see how this organization became another pharma company filled with nonsense. Wow! Is all i can say. Otsuka used to be the best job to have and company to work for. The company gave their reps everything, treated them phenomenally, and provided a low stress environment and awesome work/balance. The company stayed under the radar and didn't get involved with immoral and self serving people. They hired high moral, ethical, and solid people at all levels and it was like a small family..

Today? This is a prime example of how leadership and strategic direction can ruin a place. They tore the old business model down and turned it into a circus. Granted, the reps probably had it too easy prior, but look at it now. It's not even a shell of what it once was and for outcome? The company should go back to it's roots and start over..............

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are lucky you got out long ago. The biggest laugh or joke is when many of is went to our initial training Mark A would stop by and tell us we are NOT like Big Pharma! Lol . This is thee most micro managed, anal, paranoid company in the industry . Not an original idea or leader among upper management . The overkill on everything would amaze you. And they blow money like it's draining down an open drain. But now the party gets interesting as the Gold Goose Abilify goes generic in April and they are penny pinching the tablet reps . They want many to leave by attrition and the new man at the top B Oliver is a ex hatchet man from Wyeth . As usual they hire Big Pharma retreads . But for many if us we stay for the bloated pay checks and put up with the BS. Like all companies there are Kool
    aid drinkers here and corporate suck ups, but every Pharma co
    has them. But your statement will never happen , Otsuka will not return to it's old days.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are several Otsuka rejects trolling our board and stirring shit, still bitter because their Abilify days ended at BMS.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not stirring the pot nor am I bitter. Just stating a fact about the past, and the obvious present at otsuka, based on all the negative posts.

Years ago, if there was anything on the otsuka board, it was mainly positive. That's if there was anything at all. People liked their jobs, the people they worked for, and the company.

I don't think that can be said now, can it? Which would lie solely on the culture change and leadership in place.. Am I wrong?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh I was not referring to you ! Just pointing out we've had some idiots on our board that many people have called out for not even working here.

I agree with you. Lots of big pharma managers and younger bimbos and ole frat boys hired in. So what's the result? Hundreds, literally hundreds, of bullshit posts on hooking up and sexual harassment. The moderators have to patrol our board and have deleted tons. (Before I get chewed out I know it's not all bullshit.) women objectified. Time after time. Some of these idiots gossip to one another about their managers and colleagues, who usually have it deleted. Who does that???

Be glad you got out.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a circus! Definitely not what it used to be..

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my gosh. Your post is awesome and so spot on!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worst pharmaceutical company I have ever worked for. Incompetent, over - kill, worthless and micromanagement. Have hated every minute and lucky for me I just landed a new job. The hospital division is the biggest waste of money ever. If only Japan really knew...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bingo, If Japan only knew they would never tolerate this!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't agree more! I left almost a year ago and I heard it's only gotten worse. Greg Baker has no leadership abilities at all! All upper mgmt wants is DbD ans stupid trackers that mean nothing. Incompetent is the perfect word for them! Good luck everyone, hope you all get out soon. There are some good co's/jobs still left. Luckily I found one, and hope you all do too.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In some ways I felt bad to post such a blunt analysis but a lot of what I said comes from co workers in my district, those I went to training with etc . And all of us know this happens at other Pharma companies as well not just Otsuka . I admit I stay for the paycheck and benefits but am networking all the time to get out of Pharma . Overall it has been reduced to being a caterer and UPS person . There are Kool
    Aid drinkers who beg to differ but as myself and others have posted Otsuka is the worst in terms of worthless work, layers of middle and upper management who have to cover their you know what's with BS to justify their jobs .

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the new Otsuka business model better than the old business model? In terms of revenue? I realize the culture and leaderships is terrible.

On another note - japan probably doesnt care as abilify brings in 8 billion a year.. When that goes away everything will come to the surface and maybe they will come in a restructure and rebrand??? I think they only did this circus and US culture change to ride out the gravy train of abilify.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Whomever posted that is so spot on. He/she NAILED it!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding me? Don't feel bad. You completely spoke the truth and nailed it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Business model?

Who else hires 200 high paid reps to sell a <$100M drug? Why do they keep saying we have a competitive advantage with our culture, yet nobody can describe what our culture is? The old Otsuka was a better company and not soft or lacked accountability like current management wants you to believe. We worked hard and were rewarded.
    The current "model" is to hire highly experienced CNS and hospital professionals and turn them into check the box robots in a "gotcha" environment. If it weren't for the overly bloated salary, I'd have left long ago. Bonus is bad, but I love the steady paycheck. Not much else out there.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The funny and also sad reality is that just about a year and a half ago, Holly Pom poms cheer leader was saying on a national CC that we were the right size for the future . A rep had the sense to ask her were we expanding too fast! Ms Pom poms shot that down! Funny because every rep on the call who had been around the block in the industry knew what a foolish, brash and border line arrogant remark that was to make . Then the tab reps watch as they hire 2 Red team reps per territory to sit around and read studies for 6 months while Maintena got delayed. Another brilliant move. Did they really need two reps to start until the could actually see how the drug would sell? Incredible stupidity and arrogance. BO said last week it's around 91-92 percent to goal ? Is that possible? The last poster is right once Tabs go generic the hatchet will come full force since Bobs attrition plan will not get them the rep number They need. I wonder if Lunbeck management is better than this dysfunctional crew?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Culture? There is no culture left here. That comes from the top down and it has been destroyed!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Appreciate you not tearing down the thoughts of many I have talked to about this because normally people bash you in CP . It's still too bad because of how out of touch management is with the field. They have micromanaged out all of us, coupled with over expansion. 18 months ago, not anticipating issues w Maintena and will probably do the same w Brex. Reps feel the RDs are puppets, managers feel their wrath and a portion of those pass it on to is . Then again we are all here by choice, I will get out at some point and will do the basics of the job to survive till I move on . Best of luck to everyone .

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the Managers. There are some really clueless Managers with this company!! They just take orders from their clueless RBD's. Mine for sure.