How Diversity is Screwing You - By a FLL

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2014 at 4:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Need to get this off my chest.

Here is what you may or may not know:

- GSK is looking at diversity and assessments, simulations, and appraisals for correlation

- GSK HR runs reports that list AGE, SEX, Ethnic Group (White, Black, Asian, Indian, etc), how each rep did on tests/simulations and on appraisals assigning a number of 0 - 5.

- They then look for a difference in tests/simulation results and then appraisal results, so if you got a 2 (probably proficient) on tests/simulations and a 4 (probably distinguished plus) on appraisals, then your difference was a +2.

- Managers get notice of this report if they have too many +s for overrating appraisals ONLY if there is an overrating of Whites when compared to minorities. It is seen as bringing RISK to the company if looked at by outside eyes. Team of all whites, you won't get the report, a team of all minority, you won't get the report, a team of at least 2-3 minority, and you are getting the report.

- You could have accurately rated 75% of your team, but if you overrate more whites than minorities, you get the call. Even if you overrate minorities and you don't overrate them by as much as whites, you get the letter.

- The issue here is that many of the +s are Peer Educators or Specialty Reps who are doing the extra work, but are bombing tests and simulations.

- The fun part is that HR gave FLLs 1 day to go in and adjust Appraisal scores to reduce the risk. That means, mark down your whites and mark up your minorities on the appraisal. Think about it, did you have some checks missing from your appraisal and got some lame excuse around why it was unchecked?

- This is the truth.....so think about it, no matter what you do, you really don't have final control! Have fun!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow. this seems too crazy to be false...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What if you don't overrate anyone? If you just rate people the way you were taught in the training programs that were provided. Meaning you rate everyone fairly and based off of what you witnessed. Also what if the managers required note taking matches the accurate ratings? Is that still a problem?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so true. Just heard about a manager that was let go because she refused to upgrade a minority employee that was a piece of crap......she wasn't let go cheap....they had to pay her off

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you very much for your post. An honest, good track record, non-cheating older white male with a high base salary doesn't have a chance in this messed up system. Cheat and survive the tests and simulations, or be honest and get hosed in multiple ways. This system is an embarrassing disgrace to anyone with ethical high standards. Transparency, respect, integrity, and patient focus desperately need to be applied internally - but there is zero evidence that such will happen. Wow.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that MANAGERS need to be PROCTORED when taking the COT management test. Are they a bigger risk for cheating?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As each layer of the onion is peeled more and more reverse racism is revealed. Will other dm's confirm this strategy?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You want a severance? I've heard playing the reverse race card is the way out. Works every time. 100% success rate. You may need to lawyer up in order to close the deal.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This report is 100% independent of the Coaching Scorecard that FLLs receive. If you listened closely to any Patient First call with SS, he openly admits that they look at a correlation between tests and simulations.

The deal is that when you receive this warning, your job is threatened and you are pretty much sworn to secrecy or you lose your job. But of course you are offered a package. There are 3 levels of the warning: there is a trending list where FLLs are identified as trending towards risk. These FLLs get the COT coaches riding with them and their team. Then there is the First Warning where you get a formal letter warning that you will be let go if your ratings don't improve. Then there is a Final Warning saying you can take a package or risk bad results again and be terminated with a package.

This is 100% the truth about the reports. But remember, you are OK if your team lacks diversity. But if you are on a diverse team, especially like those in the Northeast, Texas, California then I guarantee you your FLL knows about this.

The issue is that FLLs are rating objective and fair but people are failing tests and simulations causing for a + difference between appraisal and tests and simulations. If I rate someone a 2 on Appeaisals and they fail the tests and simulations and get a 0, then I just overrated someone by +2 for listing them as Proficient Plus. Throw in the fact that people are cheating like crazy and it's impossible to evaluate accurately.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, this sucks. I am also worried about my rep friends with 2 "not proficients". Why are they Not Proficient? Because they truly suck? or because they have to be force ranked in district with diversity? Because people cheat and completely skew this farce called Patient First? GSK, you cannot tell me that cheating is under control. How do you differentiate test results from someone with PIs on their laps from ones that don't? Oh, I guess they know (from the last SK assessment) what the increase in FP blood levels is in patients with grade 3 liver impairment?

I look at my district. I do not have a chance. I wonder...Can GSK really fire you for 3 not proficients in this paradigm? with the completely unknown grading system? My spouse sees me studying...taking the tests..."when will you know how you did on the test?" umm...NEVER? Who has gone through this useless dialogue with a spouse or child?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think some reps are just targeted for elimination unfortunately. Getting a non proficient has nothing to do with how you do on a test or simulation. I know 2 reps that are no longer with the company that did very well on the tests and simulations but still received 3 non-proficient rating in a row. One of them talked to an attorney but said they can't do anything unless you get your tests back. That is why the company is hiding that information from us.

There is really no rhyme or reason to how we are scored on these tests and simulations

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of Steve S.....he got caught in a pretty material lie on one of those FLL conference calls. Prediction: there will be one hell of a MASSIVE class action law suit regarding this stuff.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Employment attorneys have already seen the information and have told people the severance that is offered is probably around the amount they would win in a lawsuit. GSK isn't dumb, they know a reverse discrimination lawsuit is tough to prove and cheap to payoff compared to a discrimination lawsuit.

What is awesome is that they don't send the reports out but show them over Live Meeting where the smart FLLs have screenshots of the report.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long do you think this post will last on Monday? Gsk will call and get this pulled on Monday, so it is key everyone reads and understands it before it is pulled.

Put the heat on Gsk by asking FLLs, RVPs, and Home Office about it. Watch them sweat and lie. It is 100% the truth.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard one manager refused to change the minority reps cots and said it goes against their ethics and morals. That manager got packaged out with a sweeter than normal package from what I heard. Anyone know the full details of that? It would be a shame to put in 20 years or more at a company to have something like that happen.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. I know one FLL in Texas that happened to.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ratio of women to men in my region is about 3 to 1. Women being promoted who have been with the company less that seven years. You have tenured people with a boatload of experience and ability being looked at as "washed up". Yet those are the individuals who take pride in their jobs. Those are the people with families to support.

Allow me to profile a typical female in our organization. I am not a sexist. I am not disgruntled. I just want to share what I have seen time and time again. Young female is hired on with maybe two years experience in liquor sales. Shows a bubbly attitude for a year. Gets promoted to an S8 position. Continues to show bubbly attitude for a year. Promoted to specialty position...only because no one else wanted the spot. While all of this is going on, she has been working half days, maxed out her sick days (usually takes them on a monday), and completely works they system. Eventually she gets married. About her eight year mark, she has been promoted to an S7, is pregnant, and will use every second of her six month maternity leave.

This is when the fun really begins. She is touted as having a great work life balance at some random PCRM. Paraded across the stage and announced that she has been selected into ELD or some other company program. Meanwhile, she has been getting into the field around 10 AM and leaving early around 3PM to go to the gym and then pick her kid(s) up from day care. (It amazes me that women in our company who pop out a couple of kids look like barbie, but, in almost all other facets of life in other industries most women look a little frumpy. Why? Beceuase those other women actually have to work a try 8 hour day. They have to commute to work. They actually have to work!! Women in our industry are the most lazy and spoiled people I have ever had the chance to meet. But hey, we have diversity.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha. It is funny but true above.

The diversity issue posted about though does not separate men and women, just ethnic groups. I know of several female FLLs who have been hit with this diversity report.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you penalize people based on race (ie. Several white, male employees who "made" their second Distinguished Plus only to have it downgraded due to the afore mentioned diversity scale) isn't that called discrimination?!? Not reverse discrimination but discrimination!